Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:41 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have you ever seen a ghost?

I have, it was at Frocester Tower, a Church Steeple standing alone in the middle of the Gloucestershire countryside. It is written that the tower is so haunted that they moved the rest of the church 30 miles away leaving the tower alone in a the church grounds among the graves, some of which are opened and empty.

We witnessed the figure of a man peeking from behind the church, we waiting outside the ground of the church in our cars (there was about 4 cars full of our mates) and after waiting patiently for sometime the figure emerged and approched the gates where we were parked. We all shat ourselves and sped off into the night.

I've never been back since....very scary, I have goos pimples just typing this.

Bison
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:11 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you ever seen a ghost?

No you didn't...they do not exist except in the imagination...try another explanation of what you think you perceived.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

So how come you thought it was a ghost and not just some bloke in a cemetery?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:51 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

No you didn't...they do not exist except in the imagination...try another explanation of what you think you perceived.
So 4 cars full of people and all the other sightings over the years were all imagined?

It was clearly a ghost, you could see through his whiteness...

People have also see the headless horseman that patrols the Gloucester to Swindon Bypass on a number of occassions.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:58 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
So 4 cars full of people and all the other sightings over the years were all imagined?
Yes...what 4 cars full of people saw was something else..natural phenomenon or optical effect or other natural explanation...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:02 am
100% British Beef

Yes...what 4 cars full of people saw was something else..natural phenomenon or optical effect or other natural explanation...
Ghost are natural?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:44 am
A bubbly-jock...

Ghost are natural?
No..as stated in post#2...they do not exist Endof.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I have, it was at Frocester Tower, a Church Steeple standing alone in the middle of the Gloucestershire countryside. It is written that the tower is so haunted that they moved the rest of the church 30 miles away leaving the tower alone in a the church grounds among the graves, some of which are opened and empty.

We witnessed the figure of a man peeking from behind the church, we waiting outside the ground of the church in our cars (there was about 4 cars full of our mates) and after waiting patiently for sometime the figure emerged and approched the gates where we were parked. We all shat ourselves and sped off into the night.

I've never been back since....very scary, I have goos pimples just typing this.

Bison
actually yes, I once saw a ghost.....it was eating toast, halfway up a lampost.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:36 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Spugsy
actually yes, I once saw a ghost.....it was eating toast, halfway up a lampost.
A ghost...toast...lampost..surely you boast !
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have never seen one, that's not to say I don't believe that they don't exist though. Why would people make it up?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:45 am
A bubbly-jock...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have never seen one, that's not to say I don't believe that they don't exist though. Why would people make it up?
Well if one accepts the existence of ghosts then gods, angels, devils, fairies, flying spaghetti monsters etc should all exist as well...using simplistic logic.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Well if one accepts the existence of ghosts then gods, angels, devils, fairies, flying spaghetti monsters etc should all exist as well...using simplistic logic.
not heard about the flying spaghetti monsters
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Nope..even though a friends indian wife claims that I got the 'Shiva netra' which is a kind of special eye or summat I have never to my knowledge seen a ghost.

That said I have never been looking for them..spooky things ghosts
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:03 am
100% British Beef

which is a kind of special eye or summat
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:07 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

How about UFO's? More plausible, perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.