Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Have you broken the law since being here?

View Poll Results: What laws have you broken in the Middle East?
None- I'm a goodie two shoes (liar liar pants on fire)
13.64%
I have been drunk in public
9.09%
I have drunk without an alcohol license
13.64%
I have driven under the influence of alcohol ( even one glass counts)
13.64%
I have had sex outside of marriage
9.09%
I have commited adultery
9.09%
I have had gay sex
0%
I have had sex in public
9.09%
I have driven above the speed limit
9.09%
I have taken illegal drugs
0%
I have commited theft/robbery
0%
I have assaulted someone
0%
I have commited vandalism
0%
I have paid for sex
4.55%
I have downloaded illegal material
9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Have you broken the law since being here?

Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you broken the law since being here?

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
The hypocrisy of the locals (males especially) knows no limits. With the exception of No.1, I'd imagine that many of them get through the entire list over a Thursday night
I reckon you can throw a bit of bestiality , slavery , extortion , domestic violence and you might be there abouts...

That might take you into Friday though
Old Oct 27th 2011, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I reckon you can throw a bit of bestiality , slavery , extortion , domestic violence and you might be there abouts...

The question was break the law...
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy

And lets not forget pedophilia, way too many locals try to pick up pre-teen/teen boys.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of

Why can't I have multiple choice for the radio buttons?!!! 1 selection only does no justice to my law breaking prowess!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go for 9....plus another couple in a previous life
Old Nov 4th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm trying to click the best one out of 12 for me, thats not including the 1st 1.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Judging by the number I've got through in the 3 and a half months since I've arrived, I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity.

Good job I like it warm...
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

We now need a sub-poll to the poll:

"And which of them have you done with another BE member?"
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

I could potentially have scored 12..but I don't wish to entirely admit to that. But I would consider most of the laws I have broken as part of my formative years, so for my time in Bahrain I think I only got 3. I also don' t consider downloading illegally, illegal. So that actually just leaves me with 2.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 8:22 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really confused. I see a heading about breaking laws followed by a list of mostly interesting things to do in life?

N.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 10:42 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I'm really confused. I see a heading about breaking laws followed by a list of mostly interesting things to do in life?

N.
Mostly? Drunk in public, drunk driving, gay sex, sex in public, drugs, robbery, assault, vandalism. Blimey Norm, I think you need a holiday. Or a good talking to, my lad.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Gulfstreamaviator is an unknown quantity at this point

YES, almost impossible not to.

Did I enjoy it YES.......Pick the heading and tick those you enjoyed please.

Camels and Donkeys are for local consumption only.

As to setting standards, mine were low before arrival, and thus great change.

Slight correction: no drugs or beating up maids.

glf