British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Have I missed anything important? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/have-i-missed-anything-important-565445/)

The Dean Oct 6th 2008 10:13 am

Have I missed anything important?

Apologies for my two-week absence but I have brought a note from my mum...........

Anyway, in thirty words or less, can someone give me a summary of what's been going on please?

Tks in adv. :confused:

nottmbantam Oct 6th 2008 10:19 am

Re: Have I missed anything important?

Welcome Back Dean old chap. Not missed anything other than a spectacular one all draw...

Been on hols / hospital / prison? :)

NorthernLad Oct 6th 2008 10:20 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6848824)
Anyway, in thirty words or less, can someone give me a summary of what's been going on please?

The worlds economy is in meltdown.

But not in UAE, which is totally immune to these things. That is according to the parasites at Cityscape anyway.

Is UAE one word?

The Dean Oct 6th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 6848840)
Welcome Back Dean old chap. Not missed anything other than a spectacular one all draw...

Been on hols / hospital / prison? :)

Took the Deanlette up to univ for the first time............ luxury one-bedroom studio apartment with en-suite etc etc.......... bloody hell, it wasn't like that in the good old days............. in my halls, eight rooms shared ONE toilet and two baths..........

Went to see my Mum as well.............. 'who are you?' she said......... she had a cardio appointment that I went to with her - I'm something of an authority on that stuff, for obvious reasons..........

Yea saw the result............ why are your boys dropping home points?

The Dean Oct 6th 2008 10:24 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 6848845)
The worlds economy is in meltdown.

But not in UAE, which is totally immune to these things. That is according to the parasites at Cityscape anyway.

Is UAE one word?

No no no............ what's been happening on The Bored??

Far more important than global financial armageddon.............

Meow Oct 6th 2008 11:23 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6848852)
No no no............ what's been happening on The Bored??

I'll take a guess.

Some bickering about sports, sniping at new posters, endless discussions of a pub quiz and a mass of flirting.

Same old, same old.

-

The Dean Oct 6th 2008 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6848989)
I'll take a guess.

Some bickering about sports, sniping at new posters, endless discussions of a pub quiz and a mass of flirting.

Same old, same old.

-

Wonderfully cynical..........

Accurate I'm sure, but cynical nevertheless.........

Meow Oct 6th 2008 12:55 pm

Harsh, but fair. That's me.

:)

-

The Dean Oct 6th 2008 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6849225)
Harsh, but fair. That's me.

:)

-

Actually, having quickly scanned through a few threads, I notice the discernible lack of flirting...........

Is this because everyone has by now already shagged everyone else, so it's not fun to flirt any more............??

Charismatic Oct 6th 2008 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6848989)
Some bickering about sports, sniping at new posters, endless discussions of a pub quiz and a mass of innuendo.

Edited for accuracy.

We had a pet troll as well but the moderators took him off us :(.

Meow Oct 6th 2008 1:05 pm

Damn. I missed the troll.

Was it a good one?

_

Charismatic Oct 6th 2008 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 6849250)
Was it a good one?

Bit average TBH, started a thread about natives 'knocking one out' under their attire while standing in the street which sealed his fate.

MataHari Oct 6th 2008 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6849237)
Actually, having quickly scanned through a few threads, I notice the discernible lack of flirting...........

Is this because everyone has by now already shagged everyone else, so it's not fun to flirt any more............??

yeah...I noticed that as well...no flirting at all lately...since Eyeore left really

nottmbantam Oct 6th 2008 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6848848)
Took the Deanlette up to univ for the first time............ luxury one-bedroom studio apartment with en-suite etc etc.......... bloody hell, it wasn't like that in the good old days............. in my halls, eight rooms shared ONE toilet and two baths..........

Went to see my Mum as well.............. 'who are you?' she said......... she had a cardio appointment that I went to with her - I'm something of an authority on that stuff, for obvious reasons..........

Yea saw the result............ why are your boys dropping home points?

Yeah, twas like that last year when I took my step son to Leeds Uni. Student accommodation aint half gone up in the world. Also exploded through the roof in pricing - couldn't believe how expensive it was. Where has the boy ended up?

We were off to the flier as usual, but then get found out very early then struggle to re-coup any decent form. Might make the play offs.

Blue Cat Oct 6th 2008 3:19 pm

Welcome back The Dean. Been very quiet in here recently. Arbroath has gone missing!!! and Miss D and Scarlettfan have been really quiet too.