Hatta Pools best route

Old May 16th 2014, 11:59 am
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hatta Pools best route

The family need a run out to see something different as we are all going a bit cabin crazy. Had a read on the internet and through some old posts on here and it looks like a day trip to Hatta Pools is on the cards tomorrow

Quick question. On google maps there appears to be 2 routes once you have passed over the first oman border crossing. One before Hatta and one afterwards from what looks like the middle of Hatta

We really want the easiest run there so has anyone any comments on which way is best ?
Tockalosh is offline  
Old May 16th 2014, 12:19 pm
  #2  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by Tockalosh View Post
The family need a run out to see something different as we are all going a bit cabin crazy. Had a read on the internet and through some old posts on here and it looks like a day trip to Hatta Pools is on the cards tomorrow

Quick question. On google maps there appears to be 2 routes once you have passed over the first oman border crossing. One before Hatta and one afterwards from what looks like the middle of Hatta

We really want the easiest run there so has anyone any comments on which way is best ?
the offroad explorer used to have a route that was easy.

If i recall rightly (its been a while) its go into hatta itself (turn right at hatta fort roundabout) when you get to the next roundabout next to the police station turn left and follow the road for a while, take the 2nd exit/(main hardtop)road on the right and follow that for ages.
you'll eventually see a sign for wadi al qahfi and wilayat mahda and a picnic area, that was a ****ed up gatch track and thats the one you want to take to get to the pools.
dont bother asking the cops for directions, they'll tell you the pools dont exist because they are in Oman, take passports and or national Id's as they are really getting tight on that up there these days
shiva is offline  
Old May 16th 2014, 1:06 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Thanks Shiva,

much appreciated
Tockalosh is offline  
Old May 16th 2014, 3:15 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
MAV_DXB's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Bur Dubai
Posts: 287
MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Maybe a bit late... but, Snoopy Island in Fujairah as an Idea - for a bit of snorkling.

I went last weekend - saw a shark.
MAV_DXB is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 12:40 am
  #5  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 21,554
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by Tockalosh View Post
Thanks Shiva,

much appreciated
Roughly the same.

Left by cop shop.

Then follow. The map the hatta fort hotel gave was wrong but we needed up
Following a track for ages. Made friends with an Italian bloke who was clueless too. We just followed a track back to a main road, swung a right and followed it. Got there. The right turn was down a
Shitty bit of road.
Scamp is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 1:18 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Thanks again, family is up nice and early so we should get this one underway shortly
Tockalosh is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 8:58 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Well what an epic disaster of a morning. 2 screaming hacked off kids after being couped in the car, one hacked off wife because of griping of hacked off husband. Beer now opened and time for a review

Basically we never found the Pools. All those who have found the pools can now find amusement at the Tockalosh's total uselessness

In fact so hacked off that I have bought the UAE explorer on the way home and that was no use.

Coming out of Hatta was fine and we ended up on the right road with all the speed bumps and houses to the left of the road
Then passed through the Oman border post. All good so far
Then continued as planned. In fact we drove out past Rai and then another 8 Kms before it was obvious something was wrong.
According to the UAE explorer the road should have ended at the second village but it now cuts all the way through the mountains.
There were no signs to Hatta Pools and sadly plenty of tracks disappearing to the left and right of the new tarred road. Given we were in the Expedition I wasn't go track off adventuring

So basically the Explorer is now no use.

If anyone knows anyone who has gone to Hatta Pools since the tar road was put in can you ask them for directions as we intend to go back next weekend and camp

An afternoon of beer is required to get over this
Tockalosh is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 10:47 am
  #8  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by Tockalosh View Post
Well what an epic disaster of a morning. 2 screaming hacked off kids after being couped in the car, one hacked off wife because of griping of hacked off husband. Beer now opened and time for a review

Basically we never found the Pools. All those who have found the pools can now find amusement at the Tockalosh's total uselessness

In fact so hacked off that I have bought the UAE explorer on the way home and that was no use.

Coming out of Hatta was fine and we ended up on the right road with all the speed bumps and houses to the left of the road
Then passed through the Oman border post. All good so far
Then continued as planned. In fact we drove out past Rai and then another 8 Kms before it was obvious something was wrong.
According to the UAE explorer the road should have ended at the second village but it now cuts all the way through the mountains.
There were no signs to Hatta Pools and sadly plenty of tracks disappearing to the left and right of the new tarred road. Given we were in the Expedition I wasn't go track off adventuring

So basically the Explorer is now no use.

If anyone knows anyone who has gone to Hatta Pools since the tar road was put in can you ask them for directions as we intend to go back next weekend and camp

An afternoon of beer is required to get over this
there never was a sign for hatta pools! see my post for wadi al qahfi. hatta is in dubai pools are in oman. it was always a shitty track to the right but i could get a ford focus down it

oh well another fun family day out anyway!
shiva is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 11:21 am
  #9  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 21,554
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
there never was a sign for hatta pools! see my post for wadi al qahfi. hatta is in dubai pools are in oman. it was always a shitty track to the right but i could get a ford focus down it

oh well another fun family day out anyway!
I went a while ago and the new road was being worked on. We went off to the right and met this Italian dude who was clueless too. We just followed it for ages until back on main road (turned left onto it) then quickly right off it. There was a little house or hut I think and quite narrow. Went up a bit and looked more off-road than the rest (just dust tracks). Followed that and once over a hill it opened up, wound round for a while and then you pop through a gap, go down and can see a huge water tank which is next to them.

Probably took an hour + from hatta fort hotel. We took it slowly but on the way back wasn't much faster. My Explorer was fine, nothing challenging at all really. Got some great pics of me blasting it through some water by the pools too :-)
Scamp is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 1:44 pm
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
csdf's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 797
csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Maybe this map will help next time:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16....1832&layers=Q
csdf is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 2:03 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
Ronnie Biggs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 930
Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
Maybe this map will help next time:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16....1832&layers=Q
You reckon?

I think I must be maplexic if that one solves the problem.
Ronnie Biggs is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 2:21 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
Maybe this map will help next time:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16....1832&layers=Q
Thanks, that does help significantly
Tockalosh is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 2:29 pm
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
the offroad explorer used to have a route that was easy.

If i recall rightly (its been a while) its go into hatta itself (turn right at hatta fort roundabout) when you get to the next roundabout next to the police station turn left and follow the road for a while, take the 2nd exit/(main hardtop)road on the right and follow that for ages.
you'll eventually see a sign for wadi al qahfi and wilayat mahda and a picnic area, that was a ****ed up gatch track and thats the one you want to take to get to the pools.
dont bother asking the cops for directions, they'll tell you the pools dont exist because they are in Oman, take passports and or national Id's as they are really getting tight on that up there these days
Just to clarify shiva. The sign you mention is ten clicks before the shitty derelict campsite. 50 metrs before the campsite was a track off to the left. Is that the track you meant ?
Tockalosh is offline  
Old May 17th 2014, 6:22 pm
  #14  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by Tockalosh View Post
Just to clarify shiva. The sign you mention is ten clicks before the shitty derelict campsite. 50 metrs before the campsite was a track off to the left. Is that the track you meant ?
don't remember a derelict campsite and road is on the right

should add ive not been up there in ages so there could be an entire new city for all i know, but th eroad used to be a really shitty road that ran up through to Ray, id be very surprised (but pleasantly so ) if its now a hard top.

http://weekenduae.com/2012/06/29/wee...ith-ford-edge/

Last edited by shiva; May 17th 2014 at 6:27 pm.
shiva is offline  
Old May 18th 2014, 2:04 am
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
Tockalosh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Up on the Ranches not down on the Springs
Posts: 2,104
Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hatta Pools best route

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
don't remember a derelict campsite and road is on the right

should add ive not been up there in ages so there could be an entire new city for all i know, but th eroad used to be a really shitty road that ran up through to Ray, id be very surprised (but pleasantly so ) if its now a hard top.

http://weekenduae.com/2012/06/29/wee...ith-ford-edge/
The new tar road will make It easier to get there and with that ease will come more shit and debris. Perhaps it's best if the signs aren't put up. Discovered last night that there are some, allegedly, nicer pools 10 mins from where we turned around so that's a bonus for next time
Tockalosh is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.