Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Has anyone on here left there immediate family behind in the UK?

Has anyone on here left there immediate family behind in the UK?

Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice
Question Has anyone on here left there immediate family behind in the UK?

Just wondering if anyone on here will be leaving behind there loved ones, wife kids etc to go and work in the UAE? It will be emotionally extremely difficult and wonder how one handles such a thing?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:11 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone on here left there immediate family behind in the UK?

Originally Posted by jason4004
Just wondering if anyone on here will be leaving behind there loved ones, wife kids etc to go and work in the UAE? It will be emotionally extremely difficult and wonder how one handles such a thing?
I have..... but, then again, they are used to me buggering off for months at a time, so have become inured to it.........
Old Apr 4th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet but come June I intend to !!!!!!

Joking apart, I have worked all over the UK and it is hard leaving the wife and kids, but you get used to it !

Hopefully they will be joining me in August, lock stock and barrel so its not that long for me !
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

jason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nicejason4004 is just really nice

Well I have lived all over the UK but a 7.5 hour flight to the Middle east is a liitle different. Everyone is asleep in UAE so I wish you all a good sleep - I'm just starting my weekend folks!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

To start with, I'll be coming out to KSA on my own,leaving my wife at home, with her daughter ( my step daughter ).

My two kids don't live with me anyway, they live with their mum, so I've been used to not seeing much of them anyway, and have always missed them so nothing new there.Planning on coming back in the mid summer so wife and step daughter will be coming out with me then.

The first few months on my own in a new country will possibly be the hardest but also the biggest adventure.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

did you speak to your Company about getting a visa for your stepdaughter? I can't remember if you told me or not
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:53 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, I left the wife behind. Easy to one to deal with, divorcing her! As for my Mum, I can get back easily if I need too and my Dad lives in Spain, so that's not hard. To be honest, it's my mates I miss most, but that's what passports are for!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Yep, I left the wife behind. Easy to one to deal with, divorcing her! As for my Mum, I can get back easily if I need too and my Dad lives in Spain, so that's not hard. To be honest, it's my mates I miss most, but that's what passports are for!
..and im sure they miss you too..aaah.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
did you speak to your Company about getting a visa for your stepdaughter? I can't remember if you told me or not
They advised me that I would need a letter from her father giving his approval and consent, for her to travel with me. Went to a solictors, got it all done and sorted by a notary public, and cost me £70 for the privilege

One letter consisting of a few lines...
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

most people start an affair...
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Speaking from experience MM?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:46 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking from experience MM?
oh...you are not cheating material I can tell straight away...calling MH MM is so not good....
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

I meant you MH! Typo.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:51 pm
hmmmm...nice

I meant you MH! Typo.
you should know better than to ask those sort of questions...
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Has anyone on here left there immediate family behind in the UK?

I'll leave it at that - we all have our dirty little secrets!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.