British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Harry Potter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/harry-potter-464136/)

Fairydust Jul 6th 2007 7:06 pm

Harry Potter

OK so who's into Harry Potter movies/books?

Never have been up to now just watched no. 1 and 2 - got to watch 3 and 4 before next thursday.

Don't really see what the fuss is about pretty crap if you ask me but has to be done!!

beebee Jul 6th 2007 7:11 pm

Re: Harry Potter

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5019392)
OK so who's into Harry Potter movies/books?

Never have been up to now just watched no. 1 and 2 - got to watch 3 and 4 before next thursday.

Don't really see what the fuss is about pretty crap if you ask me but has to be done!!

why?

Fairydust Jul 6th 2007 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by beebee (Post 5019410)
why?

Don't know thats what I'm asking myself :confused:

MataHari Jul 6th 2007 7:25 pm

I hate Harry Potter...and I have never seen or read any of it....and I never will...just like the DaVinci Code...

beebee Jul 6th 2007 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5019422)
Don't know thats what I'm asking myself :confused:

ok but why?

Fairydust Jul 6th 2007 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by beebee (Post 5019450)
ok but why?

because I feel I ought to both no. 1 and 2 fell asleep in the middle and had to rewind - but promised FDjr I would take her to see the new one on thursday so feel as if I have to be up to speed on what is going on?

beebee Jul 6th 2007 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Fairydust (Post 5019454)
because I feel I ought to both no. 1 and 2 fell asleep in the middle and had to rewind - but promised FDjr I would take her to see the new one on thursday so feel as if I have to be up to speed on what is going on?

Ahhh.. good luck, I saw the first 5 mins of the first one.. turned it off and have never looked back... :)

MataHari Jul 6th 2007 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5019448)
I hate Harry Potter...and I have never seen or read any of it....and I never will...just like the DaVinci Code...

am I on ignore or something...

Blue Cat Jul 7th 2007 5:23 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5020085)
am I on ignore or something...

I saw the first couple but now I am not interested at all, and I am with you on the Da Vinci code :)

Madam Medusa Jul 7th 2007 6:47 am

like the books, not bothered about the films...

MM, xx

Attila the Mouse Jul 8th 2007 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5021022)
like the books, not bothered about the films...

MM, xx

Loved all of them. Pure escapism. Its great to be able to switch off for a couple of hours every now and then. :)

twinkle-star Jul 8th 2007 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Attila the Mouse (Post 5025957)
Loved all of them. Pure escapism. Its great to be able to switch off for a couple of hours every now and then. :)

Quite agree.........loved the books read them first and then the film makes perfect sense as you cannot get all of the essence of the book to transfer to celluloid....:D

My phone memory is programmed to 21 July when the last book comes out will be reading it all day locked in the flat phones off so no-one can spoil the ending for me...:frown:

Weirdstone Jul 8th 2007 10:51 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 5026014)
Quite agree.........loved the books read them first and then the film makes perfect sense as you cannot get all of the essence of the book to transfer to celluloid....:D

My phone memory is programmed to 21 July when the last book comes out will be reading it all day locked in the flat phones off so no-one can spoil the ending for me...:frown:

I'm with you ...ordered the last book already :)
Be careful though ...I am 5 hours ahead of you..:sneaky::sneaky:

twinkle-star Jul 8th 2007 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5026022)
I'm with you ...ordered the last book already :)
Be careful though ...I am 5 hours ahead of you..:sneaky::sneaky:

Oh no and i thought i was ok with being 3hours ahead of the Uk!
Laptop off then....
curtains drawn all phones disconnected......:sneaky:
Its got to be all over the news later in the day as everyone wants to know who snuffs it....:frown: nasty :sneaky:people.....

Weirdstone Jul 8th 2007 10:58 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 5026031)
Oh no and i thought i was ok with being 3hours ahead of the Uk!
Laptop off then....
curtains drawn all phones disconnected......:sneaky:
Its got to be all over the news later in the day as everyone wants to know who snuffs it....:frown: nasty :sneaky:people.....

Also watch out for owls with letters attached to their legs...