Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Hardest Decision You've Ever had to Make?

The Hardest Decision You've Ever had to Make?

Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Hardest Decision You've Ever had to Make?

So whats the hardest decision you've ever had to make and what would be the hardest you'd ever make in your life?

Kittycat
x
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hardest Decision You've Ever had to Make?

So whats the hardest decision you've ever had to make ....Lunch at Joe Allens or The Ivy

and what would be the hardest you'd ever make in your life?......Black Louboutins with this dress or the grey Jimmy Choos
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:57 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
So whats the hardest decision you've ever had to make and what would be the hardest you'd ever make in your life?

Kittycat
x
Whether to come out tomorrow night.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Get your arse out Spugsy or I'll boot you up it!
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Get your arse out Spugsy or I'll boot you up it!
Kitty - go on, a list of who's (meant to be) coming please.... name and shame.....
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:36 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Whether to come out tomorrow night.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

OK - I'll swallow the bait and take Kitty's question seriously (and not just because she oozes sexuality like a tigress with an Eostrogen overdose....)

Somewhat perversely, a decision to stay is infinitely harder than a decision to leave. Perhaps the temptation of the unknown is a sexier devil than the devil one is acquainted with; whereas a choice towards constancy implies a satisfaction with a pedestrian everydayness.

I've never had the strength of character to choose to stay. Which, one imagines, must be the harder decision.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 8:32 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
OK - I'll swallow the bait and take Kitty's question seriously (and not just because she oozes sexuality like a tigress with an Eostrogen overdose....)

Somewhat perversely, a decision to stay is infinitely harder than a decision to leave. Perhaps the temptation of the unknown is a sexier devil than the devil one is acquainted with; whereas a choice towards constancy implies a satisfaction with a pedestrian everydayness.

I've never had the strength of character to choose to stay. Which, one imagines, must be the harder decision.
Or, conversely, the decision to move if you've spent the previous 50+ years in your home country and will be leaving everything you know (and pretty much everybody you know) behind and striking out in foreign territory. But, for us, there was always that 'what if' question lurking. You know what I mean, if we'd stayed in the UK we'd be asking ourselves 'what if', we'd moved to Dubai? We now know the answer to that - it's given us the taste for more new experiences. So we'll be moving on again next year to Muscat - a different Arabia. How long we stay is anyone's guess. And if and when we do decide to move on? We'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

Youngsters can have their gap year/s ... there's a lot more to be said for having a gap retirement
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean- no you have to rock up and see!

So everyone thinks the hardest decision is about where to live- what country to be in?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

to have or not to have a baby, took me years to decide, wished I had done it sooner!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

To leave my first wife and my career in the UK to fly to what was for me at the time a relatively unknown country in East Africa full of wild animals and tropical diseases...I now wish I had done it five years earlier.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 4:03 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
To leave my first wife and my career in the UK to fly to what was for me at the time a relatively unknown country in East Africa full of wild animals and tropical diseases...I now wish I had done it five years earlier.
so does she I bet
Old Dec 9th 2010, 4:05 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

alpen or "Just Right"

it gets me every morning
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

So everyone thinks the hardest decision is about where to live- what country to be in?
No not everyone!! I left the UK 20years ago and have moved countries 3 times without much anguish at all, I just look at it as another adventure!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

That's a really lame, Jumeirah Jane-type answer. Ooohh, it was so hard to decide to come out here, its sooo far, its sooo hot, I was scared I'd get my bum pinched all the time, what if I didn't like it...

What happens if any one of us doesn't "like" it? We have the option of getting the next flight out. How does that make it a big decision?

Look around at all the TCNs: they probably had very little information on what it would be like here, they have their passports confiscated by their employers, they get paid shit wages if they get paid at all, they can't leave if they don't "like" it here, and so on ad nauseum.

Anyhone who says moving out here was the hardest decision ever needs to get a life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.