Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Originally Posted by The Dean
OK Blue Cat and DaWarrior - listen..........

Seems like your world is falling apart to begin with, but calm down and start to see it for what it is - an opportunity to take stock of what you do, whether you want to keep doing that, and to use it as a breathing space while you (perhaps?) look around at other opportunities - perhaps in completely different fields - that you simply were too busy to think about before.

Happened to me three times (and will no doubt happen again) - and I'm still here, doing what I do to the best of my ability.

DON'T start firing off CVs and letters of application to all and sundry - it requires a more measured approach. One of my mates called a major firm in his line of work, explained his situation, and casually remarked 'I'm in your area next week - you may not have any vacancies, but I'd love to get your feedback on how you see the industry generally - can you spare me 15 minutes?'

The guy agreed to see him. He walked out of what became a 90-minute meeting with a new job..............

There are ways - and YES there are jobs out there, despite global economic gloom and doom........... stay positive.

just came back and re read this, was in a state of shock yesterday. Wise words, thanks
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all that have been unfortunate enough to have been redundant, unfortunately its the way of the world at the minute, it could and will happen to a lot more of us in the coming months!

Try and keep your chins up and fingers crossed something will turn up !

Sincere best wishes for all in 2009, keep smiling all !
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

that's the annoying thing Karlos, we are not victims of the credit crunch, far from it, this was personal.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that's the annoying thing Karlos, we are not victims of the credit crunch, far from it, this was personal.
Regardless, losing a job is never nice and there is never a good time, fingers crossed, good luck, I am sure something will turn up !
Old Jan 1st 2009, 1:41 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

both he is a 3rd engineer, was selling anti corrosion to oil and gas etc. I will pm you once I get over the shock.

My other was in marine engineering with a company in dubai having done off shore for years on the tankers, he came ashore and would still be there if I didn'nt want to came home.
Im gonna pm you this evening, get some more info and find out where your heading? xx
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus! Didn't expect this thread to contain job losses!

That's shiddy, shiddy news for you guys. I really hope that it all turns out well for you.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
My other was in marine engineering with a company in dubai having done off shore for years on the tankers, he came ashore and would still be there if I didn'nt want to came home.
Im gonna pm you this evening, get some more info and find out where your heading? xx
that would be great, I forgot he was in the same field xx
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

BC I am so very sorry huni xx have no contacts in that field either, but will still email you a list of agencies that I have used both personally and profesionally, the e mail will come from the work addy so please check the junk mail.

Just shout if you need anything xx
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:30 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by banter64
BC I am so very sorry huni xx have no contacts in that field either, but will still email you a list of agencies that I have used both personally and profesionally, the e mail will come from the work addy so please check the junk mail.

Just shout if you need anything xx
thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:16 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Deb,

Just sent you an email xx
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Deb,

Just sent you an email xx
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 7:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hello y'all Hope 2009 is the advent of all things good.
BC, I'm gutted for you girl but I know you can make this all good
for you and the family.You have dealt with worse in your life.
When it's tough going, look at Mitten....gather the strength therefrom
You will BC.
x
Dawarrior, you got a rum deal too kid?
Your Industry is on the up and up.
Just as an aside, do you see how readily you are accepted on here?
Do you agree you have had a much easier 'passage of rights' than most
newbies here? Why is that? Cos you are a very able communicator
Go out there and network.....communicate.There is summit with your name
on it
Bon chance.
x
Old Jan 4th 2009, 4:00 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Eva
Hello y'all Hope 2009 is the advent of all things good.
BC, I'm gutted for you girl but I know you can make this all good
for you and the family.You have dealt with worse in your life.
When it's tough going, look at Mitten....gather the strength therefrom
You will BC.
x
Dawarrior, you got a rum deal too kid?
Your Industry is on the up and up.
Just as an aside, do you see how readily you are accepted on here?
Do you agree you have had a much easier 'passage of rights' than most
newbies here? Why is that? Cos you are a very able communicator
Go out there and network.....communicate.There is summit with your name
on it
Bon chance.
x

thanks Eva, the amount of verbal and cyber support we have received has been absolutely amazing. God bless you all, I am proud to 'know' you
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year All

Just got back from hols, so sorry to hear your news BC and Da Warrior, I hope you get something sorted soon, hows it going so far

AC
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:45 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by annacarna
Happy New Year All

Just got back from hols, so sorry to hear your news BC and Da Warrior, I hope you get something sorted soon, hows it going so far

AC

we are picking up our end of service cheque today, and we are applying for jobs as I speak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.