Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:08 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL

BC, send me D's CV soonest...

you have me email addy, in case not, pm coming...
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

OK Blue Cat and DaWarrior - listen..........

Seems like your world is falling apart to begin with, but calm down and start to see it for what it is - an opportunity to take stock of what you do, whether you want to keep doing that, and to use it as a breathing space while you (perhaps?) look around at other opportunities - perhaps in completely different fields - that you simply were too busy to think about before.

Happened to me three times (and will no doubt happen again) - and I'm still here, doing what I do to the best of my ability.

DON'T start firing off CVs and letters of application to all and sundry - it requires a more measured approach. One of my mates called a major firm in his line of work, explained his situation, and casually remarked 'I'm in your area next week - you may not have any vacancies, but I'd love to get your feedback on how you see the industry generally - can you spare me 15 minutes?'

The guy agreed to see him. He walked out of what became a 90-minute meeting with a new job..............

There are ways - and YES there are jobs out there, despite global economic gloom and doom........... stay positive.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Dean - I think that is your best post ever! Karma on its way
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

Seems like your world is falling apart to begin with, but calm down and start to see it for what it is - an opportunity to take stock of what you do, whether you want to keep doing that, and to use it as a breathing space while you (perhaps?) look around at other opportunities - perhaps in completely different fields - that you simply were too busy to think about before.

Happened to me three times (and will no doubt happen again) - and I'm still here, doing what I do to the best of my ability.

DON'T start firing off CVs and letters of application to all and sundry - it requires a more measured approach. One of my mates called a major firm in his line of work, explained his situation, and casually remarked 'I'm in your area next week - you may not have any vacancies, but I'd love to get your feedback on how you see the industry generally - can you spare me 15 minutes?'

The guy agreed to see him. He walked out of what became a 90-minute meeting with a new job..............

There are ways - and YES there are jobs out there, despite global economic gloom and doom........... stay positive.
wise words....
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Very much appreciated Dean!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 11:21 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Well since I didn’t get to wish you all a merry Christmas (I’ve been watching cricket) do have a great new year .

Sorry to hear that some of you are struggling, best of luck folks and chin up now .
Old Dec 31st 2008, 8:36 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Hope you all have a great evening tonight, wherever you choose to spend it. Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2009 brings you everything you have ever wanted. 2009 is the year that I WILL meet W10

Happy new year Debs... Hope you ands yours are well? xx
Old Dec 31st 2008, 8:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year you lot!

Can't be as shit as the last one at least
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
hey you! how you doing! PM me

feeling a bit better today, coming to terms with the shock x
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

feeling a bit better today, coming to terms with the shock x
That's good to hear BC - was getting worried when I didn't see you here for a long time...chin up, hopefully some very good news is just around the corner.

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
That's good to hear BC - was getting worried when I didn't see you here for a long time...chin up, hopefully some very good news is just around the corner.

Happy New Year!
let's hope so IG, HappY New Year
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

jinxed myself, my husband has just lost his job, on way home now
I'm sincerely sorry to hear that...I'm sure he will turn things around sooner than you hope...Good luck and thinking about you...
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Good to see you and the new number...
How's the man???
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reading this made me want to quit my job just to try out your technique...
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Same here. We were just told last night. Given 3 months notice though
So sorry to hear this as well...Things will pick up, I'm sure...
Good luck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.