Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:18 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of
Default Happy Fourth of July everyone!

I don't know how you people in Dubai celebrate it but we do it with huge cookouts with whole pigs, cows, lamb, chicken, deer elk and even bear- lots of alcohol, beauty contests, kissing booths, parades, dunk tanks, sack races, hot dog eating contests, live music, pie eating contests, square dancing, corndogs, cotton candy, shooting contests, beer brewing contests (I have an ESB i've been conditioning at 40 degrees for 2 months), pickle and pie contests..Homemade ice cream, corn of the cob..etc..etc..etc..I missed it last year, I was in Vegas but this year i'm a judge in the beauty contest and i've already been offered a few bribes from husbands and boyfriends. My wife finished 2nd in 95, the only time she entered. She's not entering this year and after the bullshit I went through with her yesterday she did'nt have a chance anyway. 3 of my 4 daughters have taken the top prize at least once over the years and the other one could win, but refuses to be a part of it.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Fourth of July everyone!

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack
I don't know how you people in Dubai celebrate it but we do it with huge cookouts with whole pigs, cows, lamb, chicken, deer elk and even bear- lots of alcohol, beauty contests, kissing booths, parades, dunk tanks, sack races, hot dog eating contests, live music, pie eating contests, square dancing, corndogs, cotton candy, shooting contests, beer brewing contests (I have an ESB i've been conditioning at 40 degrees for 2 months), pickle and pie contests..Homemade ice cream, corn of the cob..etc..etc..etc..I missed it last year, I was in Vegas but this year i'm a judge in the beauty contest and i've already been offered a few bribes from husbands and boyfriends. My wife finished 2nd in 95, the only time she entered. She's not entering this year and after the bullshit I went through with her yesterday she did'nt have a chance anyway. 3 of my 4 daughters have taken the top prize at least once over the years and the other one could win, but refuses to be a part of it.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!
this website is called BRITISH expats so I am guessing not many of us are celebrating! you go ahead and enjoy yourself though
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:25 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
this website is called BRITISH expats so I am guessing not many of us are celebrating! you go ahead and enjoy yourself though
I'm celebrating. We're better of without those Yanks dragging us down.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:29 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

celebrate...are you having a ****ing laugh.
we mourn the fact that we let you have your independance only to **** up the planet.

personally i think the queen should recind your independance make you a borough of london and be done with it.
Of course we'd have to let you pay your own massive debt off first and you'd all need leasons in geography, politics and international relations but i'm sure we could send over some ten year olds who'd be more than qualified enough to teach you, heck they'd probably end up at harvard lecturing.

independance day, PAH

bunch of spoilt and ill tempered little children who need to come back to the bossom of mother empire more like
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:32 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your cookout (BBQ ? )...

Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:39 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shiva
celebrate...are you having a ****ing laugh.
we mourn the fact that we let you have your independance only to **** up the planet.

personally i think the queen should recind your independance make you a borough of london and be done with it.
Of course we'd have to let you pay your own massive debt off first and you'd all need leasons in geography, politics and international relations but i'm sure we could send over some ten year olds who'd be more than qualified enough to teach you, heck they'd probably end up at harvard lecturing.

independance day, PAH

bunch of spoilt and ill tempered little children who need to come back to the bossom of mother empire more like

Like most holidays I forgot how it started..Sorry guys..I touched a nerve..If it's any consolation most people here see it as a flag waving, pig out, glutinous orgy type holiday..Most of the males are unconscious by the time the fireworks begin..We aren't gloating about anything here
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MacScot
Enjoy your cookout (BBQ ? )...

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/salut/t9307.gif
Thanks bro- It has already started down in the little town I live in..We are holding off until around 3pm..I don't want to burn out early and I love playing poker with guys that are already drunk..So were arriving fashionably late
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

shiva - karma !

N
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!
We, the Arabs, do not celebrate any Imperialist holidays...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!
Thanks, same to you...we had a fab pool party and some really delicious pork....and yes, this is special here, as pork is haram in Qatar.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!
In our household, 4th of July is celebrating by hog roasting the man of an american family, then we spit roast the daughters..