British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Hangover from hell (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/hangover-hell-737833/)

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 5:16 am

Hangover from hell

I'm going to do a Scamp and moan about how rough I'm feeling. I feel as rough as a badgers arse. :(

Why is it those lets go for a quiet drink after work are the nights that turn into carnage? URgh

and how do you get the taste of sambuca out your mouth- awful stuff and its all I can bloody taste 'vomit smilie'

weasel decentral Nov 4th 2011 9:03 am

Re: Hangover from hell

To remove the taste of sambucca, use a mouthwash of a large glass of whiskey :thumbup:

Follow with a nice smoked kipper, some boiled cabbage, and undercooked eggs to complete the process.

You'll feel better in no time

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 9:14 am

Thanks for that Weasel :p really bloody helpful :rolleyes:

co durham boy Nov 4th 2011 9:22 am

That stuff is horrendous to say the least !

LaLaLayla Nov 4th 2011 9:24 am

Does anybody find that hangovers are worse here than back home? I don't know why this is, but I can drink loads back home and feel fine. Whereas just a few glasses of something here makes me feel absolutely lousy the next day.

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 9:28 am

Lala- generally you are more dehydrated here, the temperatures and the air con all add to dehydration so add a night of drinking and your basically screwed!

LaLaLayla Nov 4th 2011 9:29 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9714198)
Lala- generally you are more dehydrated here, the temperatures and the air con all add to dehydration so add a night of drinking and your basically screwed!

:(

Elmer Fudd Nov 4th 2011 11:36 am

:rofl: Ha, hangover! let me tell you about hangovers! Last night after spending half an hour haggling with my Syrian bootlegger on the Baracuda run over his inflated prices because today is a "dry day", we eventually do the deal. He then spends the next hour plying me with whiskey & telling me how he got out of Syria.

Reckon I drank about 6 doubles for free :ohmy:

Woke up 11 a.m. wondering where the hell I was!

Still feel that there is a Frenchman living in my head!!

Plenty of water, a full English & a pack of paracetamol usually does the trick for me:thumbup:

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 11:48 am

Elmer thats nothing- I had the delightful mix of strawberry beer, big buckets of hoegarden beer, champagne, sambuca, vodka, tia maria, and ending on wine I have no idea of how many of each I had, Im thinking I did well not to die!

and I do know that mine were definately not free :eek:

Luckily I had the sense to stop before heading to rockbottoms lol

A frenchman in your head- better than waking up with one in your bed lol actually that might not be so bad lol...

Elmer Fudd Nov 4th 2011 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9714467)
Elmer thats nothing- I had the delightful mix of strawberry beer, big buckets of hoegarden beer, champagne, sambuca, vodka, tia maria, and ending on wine I have no idea of how many of each I had, Im thinking I did well not to die!

and I do know that mine were definately not free :eek:

Luckily I had the sense to stop before heading to rockbottoms lol

A frenchman in your head- better than waking up with one in your bed lol actually that might not be so bad lol...

The 6 doubles were on top of 6 Stellas & 2 Southern Comforts & coke (home measures!). Still, I am a lightweight compared to your intake:) You working your way through your infamous drinks cabinet or was the whole night spent out with the girls?

If you want to watch a classic Frenchman in bed set up, I highly recommend the DVD "Grand Slam", a BBC Wales production set in Paris in 1977 - Wales v France.

Risque & shocking viewing at the time for a naiive 16 year old, but now the film is nostalgic & innocent:thumbsup:

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 12:31 pm

ooo stella- wifebeater!

I was out- the drinks cabinet is not being touched til my xmas party! It was a mixed bunch and the men were pretty worse for wear too. To be fair I was doing high leg kicks at 9pm and climbing on furniture around 11pm so don't think I carried myself too well lol

I'm not drinking for a while!

co durham boy Nov 4th 2011 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9714198)

Correct , plus you drink all kinds of shite like there's no tomorrow over here , you just wouldn't drink all that piss back home.

Elmer Fudd Nov 4th 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9714529)
ooo stella- wifebeater!

I was out- the drinks cabinet is not being touched til my xmas party! It was a mixed bunch and the men were pretty worse for wear too. To be fair I was doing high leg kicks at 9pm and climbing on furniture around 11pm so don't think I carried myself too well lol

I'm not drinking for a while!

Ha! how many times have I said that to myself over the last 35 years! Hair of the dog? High kicks & furniture climbing - that's a grade A*:thumbsup:

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 9th 2011 5:34 am

Well played KC.

I trust you had a couple of maccy d's brekkie meals, some pocari and a lunch time nap?

Bahtatboy Nov 9th 2011 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9722139)
Well played KC.

I trust you had a couple of maccy d's brekkie meals, some pocari and a lunch time nap?

As a warm up or a cure?