Handyman

Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Handyman

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not to the likes of you it's not. It's a macho pissing contest.

If you're confident enough in yourself and your ability to do things yourself then you don't need to shout about doing them, nor always feel the need to actually do them.
i think you may be taking my clearly piss taking remarks a little too close to heart and its not about need its about wanting to
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikewot
I think Shiva is coming from the same place as me. I have never even had the thought cross my mind of calling the AA to change a tyre. Car has the tools required and I'll do it before they even got there. I also cook, wash up, do the washing etc. I wouldn't feel like a man if I was unable to operate fully independant and need 'someone else' to do things for me.
For crying out loud.

Of course I can change a tyre, it's not difficult. But why do it every time it happens? Why not let the service you pay for do it for you?

Good for you, carry on cooking and cleaning and washing up. A lot of us do those things too. I cleaned out my sink u-bend the other week, is that good?

What makes you feel like a man is entirely up to you, I'm sure there are things that you can and can't do yourself that differ to others. It certainly doesn't give you the privilege of determining who else is a 'man'. That's what makes the whole notion of being a 'man' and thinking your better than others so utterly ****ing tragic.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
i think you may be taking my clearly piss taking remarks a little too close to heart and its not about need its about wanting to
I don't really want to do too much DIY, it doesn't really interest me and I don't have a box of the best tools to do it with... so I guess I was losing from the start!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:56 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

For crying out loud.
And breathe
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:56 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
I think Shiva is coming from the same place as me. I have never even had the thought cross my mind of calling the AA to change a tyre. Car has the tools required and I'll do it before they even got there. I also cook, wash up, do the washing etc. I wouldn't feel like a man if I was unable to operate fully independant and need 'someone else' to do things for me.
its not even about "feeling like a man" for me, its just about the ability to look after yourself and others.
of course i do call people for help, i know **** all for example about the ac in my villa ( then again it appears the ac guys also know **** all but that's another story), i frequently take my discovery to the garage, partly because i dont know what the problem is at times and sometime because i just cant be arsed spending hours rebuilding the engine, door panel, center console or whatever else has broken again.

To hang something, change a tyre or any other simple job it just wouldn't cross my mind to call someone as I know I can do the job, I have the tools and it would be quicker. There is also the sense of satisfaction of a job well done that's hard to beat especially if its a tricky job that requires some thought
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:01 am
Account Closed

its not even about "feeling like a man" for me, its just about the ability to look after yourself and others.
of course i do call people for help, i know **** all for example about the ac in my villa ( then again it appears the ac guys also know **** all but that's another story), i frequently take my discovery to the garage, partly because i dont know what the problem is at times and sometime because i just cant be arsed spending hours rebuilding the engine, door panel, center console or whatever else has broken again.

To hang something, change a tyre or any other simple job it just wouldn't cross my mind to call someone as I know I can do the job, I have the tools and it would be quicker. There is also the sense of satisfaction of a job well done that's hard to beat especially if its a tricky job that requires some thought
Are you the bloke who walks around the gym changing rooms completely naked for no reason whatsoever?
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

Are you the bloke who walks around the gym changing rooms completely naked for no reason whatsoever?
no im not and youre so far off course on my character its not even funny.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:12 am
Account Closed

But you've got me nailed to a tee?

Too tough to try and work out what someone is like from things like this.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

are you one of those that queue to take a piss in the cubicles?

(I have a mate who does that - would take him hours to go for a piss in a nightclub as the cubicles were full with the coke heads)
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:25 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Millhouse
are you one of those that queue to take a piss in the cubicles?

(I have a mate who does that - would take him hours to go for a piss in a nightclub as the cubicles were full with the coke heads)
if its in a pub in where im likely to get a kick in yes, if not no.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:27 am
Account Closed

if its in a pub in where im likely to get a kick in yes, if not no.
A real man would deal with the kicking.
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I own tools, hang pictures, put up shelves etc. Does that make me a man?
**** it we'll do it live

But you've got me nailed to a tee?
yes, the man card/macho thing is tongue in cheek, the lack of self reliance is what baffles me

Too tough to try and work out what someone is like from things like this.
yup
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:28 am
**** it we'll do it live

A real man would deal with the kicking.
yup and a smart man avoids it in the first place
Old Nov 18th 2012, 8:29 am
Account Closed

yup
Of course you have it figured and of course I haven't. Sorry, how foolish of me to question you, sir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.