Handyman

Old Nov 18th 2012, 5:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Handyman

Originally Posted by mikewot
And pricey?
200dhs

100 call out
100 per 1/2 hour
Old Nov 18th 2012, 5:51 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
200dhs

100 call out
100 per 1/2 hour
Blimey! Thats excellent. I was told there would be a fee of 250/350 as I didn't have a contract. Hitches & Glitches had the same policy. I wonder if they've relaxed it now.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Blimey! Thats excellent. I was told there would be a fee of 250/350 as I didn't have a contract. Hitches & Glitches had the same policy. I wonder if they've relaxed it now.
I rang their 800 number and spoke to a bloke called Colin...had a slot yesterday afternoon and the guys came round and were seriously quick.

Will use again if I need to.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I rang their 800 number and spoke to a bloke called Colin...had a slot yesterday afternoon and the guys came round and were seriously quick.

That's good service & something worth paying a little extra for IMO.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
That's good service & something worth paying a little extra for IMO.
Indeed.

My drill struggled, they just chuckled and the picture (the one Mr Meow sorted) was hung properly and securely within about 4 minutes.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:35 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

You must now hand in your man card and cannot get it back until you own a proper tool kit and can use it all on your own
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
You must now hand in your man card and cannot get it back until you own a proper tool kit and can use it all on your own
More than happy to conform to that.

You can drill into walls, get sweaty and frustrated, spend time in Ace asking an assistant which raw plug will best suit the concrete in your walls, yell at the wife for help passing you a smaller drillbit because you've ****ed up the first hole etc etc etc etc.

I made one phone call, paid 200dibs, sat and had a beer with the footie on. 25 minutes later the job was finished.

Brains over 'brawn' any day of the week.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

More than happy to conform to that.

You can drill into walls, get sweaty and frustrated, spend time in Ace asking an assistant which raw plug will best suit the concrete in your walls, yell at the wife for help passing you a smaller drillbit because you've ****ed up the first hole etc etc etc etc.

I made one phone call, paid 200dibs, sat and had a beer with the footie on. 25 minutes later the job was finished.

Brains over 'brawn' any day of the week.
Rule 1: NO job is too big to tackle yourself
Rule2: Never ask for assistance when choosing your tools, you are a man and are born with this knowledge, remember also the people in ACE don't know shit. and go to Speedex not ace
Rule3: You did not **** up the first hole, it was deliberate and part of the plan
Rule 4: Never ever ever call a man to assist you, if you've ****ed it up badly enough wait and the wife will call one thus relieving you of the admission of failure.

To be fair the walls here are a bitch so buy a better drill and use oversized bolts and wall plugs to hang anything heavy. For small pictures there are these things
Old Nov 18th 2012, 6:51 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Scamps you really don't get the whole 'being a man' thing do you?
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Rule 1: NO job is too big to tackle yourself
Rule2: Never ask for assistance when choosing your tools, you are a man and are born with this knowledge, remember also the people in ACE don't know shit. and go to Speedex not ace
Rule3: You did not **** up the first hole, it was deliberate and part of the plan
Rule 4: Never ever ever call a man to assist you, if you've ****ed it up badly enough wait and the wife will call one thus relieving you of the admission of failure.

To be fair the walls here are a bitch so buy a better drill and use oversized bolts and wall plugs to hang anything heavy. For small pictures there are these things
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
You speak a lot of sense.

Scamp - a man who goes to Ace (which is as shit as homebase) to ask what type of raw plug he needs has already failed. Speedex or a proper building shop in Satwa.

It it is heavy/ valuable use a 6mm SDS drill, fisher plugs and decent screws. Otherwise use the little plastic things and get the misses to do it.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Scamps you really don't get the whole 'being a man' thing do you?
I'd definitely call the AA before changing my own tyre. Why do something to please someone else when you can get someone else to do it?
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:15 am
Account Closed

I'd definitely call the AA before changing my own tyre.
Got it now, you're a gayer. Right?
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:20 am
**** it we'll do it live

I'd definitely call the AA before changing my own tyre. Why do something to please someone else when you can get someone else to do it?
your man card is hereby revoked indefinitely

its also not about pleasing someone else its about being self reliant. kids these days FFS
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:41 am
Account Closed

your man card is hereby revoked indefinitely

its also not about pleasing someone else its about being self reliant. kids these days FFS
Not to the likes of you it's not. It's a macho pissing contest.

If you're confident enough in yourself and your ability to do things yourself then you don't need to shout about doing them, nor always feel the need to actually do them.
Old Nov 18th 2012, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Not to the likes of you it's not. It's a macho pissing contest.
I think Shiva is coming from the same place as me. I have never even had the thought cross my mind of calling the AA to change a tyre. Car has the tools required and I'll do it before they even got there. I also cook, wash up, do the washing etc. I wouldn't feel like a man if I was unable to operate fully independant and need 'someone else' to do things for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.