View Poll Results: How much do you pay for a haircut?
Free (DIY job for all you baldies out there)
10.71%
1-50
53.57%
51-100
17.86%
101-250
17.86%
251-500
0%
500+
0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Haircuts

Old Oct 3rd 2018, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Haircuts

Have gone bald last 6 months. Too lazy to do it myself. I take pride with the beard and the barber does a good job.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp

in answer to your question the back and sides are done with a machine (No cover on, so less than number 1), top is hand cut with scissors and layered. Beard is machine trimmed then finished with a cut throat for shape. Plus head massage, so in the chair for around 45mins.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

@scamp, I have plenty of hair, just hate going to places like barbers so want it all done with as quickly as possible.

And you know the difference between a 30 haircut and a 157.50 haircut? About 2 weeks.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 9:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Scamp

in answer to your question the back and sides are done with a machine (No cover on, so less than number 1), top is hand cut with scissors and layered. Beard is machine trimmed then finished with a cut throat for shape. Plus head massage, so in the chair for around 45mins.
I love getting the beard done, such a treat.

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
@scamp, I have plenty of hair, just hate going to places like barbers so want it all done with as quickly as possible.

And you know the difference between a 30 haircut and a 157.50 haircut? About 2 weeks.
Fair enough. I never used to like getting my haircut but someone once pointed out to me that a five quid haircut looks like a five quid haircut. Whilst not applicable to everyone my hair definitely looks better with a better cut...Never had the fiver option since.
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp

are you in the so solid crew?
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Millhouse

more Peaky Blinder!!
Old Oct 3rd 2018, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Scamp

as you say having the beard done is very nice, and makes you feel like the mutts nuts when you walk out!
Old Oct 4th 2018, 9:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Scamp

as you say having the beard done is very nice, and makes you feel like the mutts nuts when you walk out!
The other thing I like about it is it's time to do proper **** all, bit of pampering and just to tilt your head back, chill out and ****ing ignore the world. Can't be on your phone or distracted by TV or the interwebs. I avoid pointless chit chat and just chill the **** out. GLORIOUS.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 12:17 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
are you in the so solid crew?
Everyone is in so solid crew. There was some wikipedia edit a few years ago that added in such rap legends as Calpol Sixplus, Grassy Knowles and the so solid dog.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I used to pay 10 dirhams in Al Ain, now I pay between 25 and 50 in Abu Dhabi and I’m almost bald so really feel like I’m getting ripped off now!
Old Oct 8th 2018, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

New place opened up near me, one of those hipster barbers that also serves responsibly-sourced coffee brewed in a secondary school chemistry set. Their charges start at AED 125 for a simple haircut (which apparently takes 45 minutes). Tempted to give it a try.
Old Oct 8th 2018, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavtek
New place opened up near me, one of those hipster barbers that also serves responsibly-sourced coffee brewed in a secondary school chemistry set. Their charges start at AED 125 for a simple haircut (which apparently takes 45 minutes). Tempted to give it a try.
I must say a new coffee place called EspressoLab opened up recently and I tried it today. Bearded hipsters galore behind the counters. Lots of glassware more properly suited for a magican's workshop in a fantasy film.

And it was damn good coffee, I have to admit. Really, really good coffee.

I looked them up online and seems to based out of the UAE. Founded by a Lebanese. If true then it's the first decent thing to come from a Lebanese in a long time.