Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

For the guys... Who's a WANKER this summer??

For the guys... Who's a WANKER this summer??

Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:36 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For the guys... Who's a WANKER this summer??

Sometimes in the real world hubby has to work...

Each to their own MM. I know how much my daughter loves being home, and it IS better for her health.

I can bear being apart for 2 months knowing she is outside playing with granny and grandad who normally don't see her too much.

I don't get and frankly worry what you don't get about that..

As I said, each to their own..

Some people put others first, some people put themselves first...C'est la vie
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Sometimes in the real world hubby has to work...

Each to their own MM. I know how much my daughter loves being home, and it IS better for her health.

I can bear being apart for 2 months knowing she is outside playing with granny and grandad who normally don't see her too much.

I don't get and frankly worry what you don't get about that..

As I said, each to their own..

Some people put others first, some people put themselves first...C'est la vie
err..you say each to their own, but that's totally not how you come across...

and yeah, in the real world, sometimes hubbie works and wife works too...i just know we don't want to be apart for 2 months, why would we...we wouldn't be if we lived in the uk, so what's the difference, i find it bizarre this summer exodus...

still...clearly suits some people like you...

MM, xx
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:47 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Listen, I totally agree'd with you on this very point a few years back..but I and my wife have elderly family in scotland, I am used to being away etc..my girls are happy being with their families in scotland..

We are not doing the typical JJ thing..

Apoligies for my comments earlier
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Hubbie has asthma and eczema and it's cleared up since we came here. Was pretty bad at home especially in the winter but i have heard the opposite has happened to people when they've moved here.

I can totally understand why people go home for the summer especially to spend some time with the parents/grand parents. This would be really important to me.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:46 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Spensing time with parents is enough to want me to stay through the summer!

I think it's an entirely personal thing.
Both MM & Commander are very family orientated ppl and are at the opposite end of the spectrum in views-neither is wrong.

I do think it's ludicrous when some people criticise other women for going
implying they are giving those husbands reason to play away.......like they have to be in another continent before it'll happen
Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eva
Spensing time with parents is enough to want me to stay through the summer!

I think it's an entirely personal thing.
Both MM & Commander are very family orientated ppl and are at the opposite end of the spectrum in views-neither is wrong.

I do think it's ludicrous when some people criticise other women for going
implying they are giving those husbands reason to play away.......like they have to be in another continent before it'll happen
Yeah whats all that about Eva?! For me i don't think it's ever o OK but from what i've seen/heard in dubs it's defo seems like some people think its ok coz wife "shouldn't have left her man"?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:07 pm
banned

I'm chuffed to be left on my own, I can go on 330am bike rides and saturday swims, triathlons and all the other stuff that I usually cannot commit time too..
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:09 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

this post is about wankers ... they don't cheat on their wives ... they wank
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

I'm chuffed to be left on my own, I can go on 330am bike rides and saturday swims, triathlons and all the other stuff that I usually cannot commit time too..
Well thats good but you never answered my question... Do you get lonely? I just mean i don't want my hubbie sitting there not knowing what to do with himself. Not because i think he'll cheat coz i don't think for 1 min he would.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:37 pm
banned

I did answer your question...totally.

Of course I won't get lonely, ill be too busy self indulging in my sports to get lonely..

Then again (as per my name) I was in the Navy and am used to fending for myself...a trait I hope is passed on to my kids
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

I did answer your question...totally.

Of course I won't get lonely, ill be too busy self indulging in my sports to get lonely..

Then again (as per my name) I was in the Navy and am used to fending for myself...a trait I hope is passed on to my kids
Well thats good Commander... My hubbie has footie and i reckon thats just the same.....?

BTW - i may be biased but you and TGFKASE are my fav on here!

Oh and Spugsy! LOVE him too!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:07 am
banned

If I carried out a search, I would find post by me (as AA) saying that I don't understand people who go home for the summer!

Our circumstances have changed and it is benificial for our daughter and our complete family to have my girls go home. We all have a big family and circle of friends in the same area of Scotland and I think its great for my daughter to spend as much time in her homeland as possible..

After all, she is in the middle east on an 'extended holiday'...this aint really home!!

Saying that. I don't get wifes with no kids etc who head off home...

And if both parents work, then of course going home is not an option..

Personal choice...and most parents will put the welfare of their kids first..

Whatever..
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

If I carried out a search, I would find post by me (as AA) saying that I don't understand people who go home for the summer!

Our circumstances have changed and it is benificial for our daughter and our complete family to have my girls go home. We all have a big family and circle of friends in the same area of Scotland and I think its great for my daughter to spend as much time in her homeland as possible..

After all, she is in the middle east on an 'extended holiday'...this aint really home!!

Saying that. I don't get wifes with no kids etc who head off home...

And if both parents work, then of course going home is not an option..

Personal choice...and most parents will put the welfare of their kids first..

Whatever..
my kids would be horrified if I told them they'd be going to Holland for months...this is where they have their social life, all their friends, their 'things', their life basically...even when we know it's 'temporary', to them it doesn't feel that way now...
also, we don't have a large family and I am not too bothered about the family that I do have, lol...
the kids friends that they had back home have all moved on with their lives, just as we have...they are all teenagers now, no longer in the same schools as they were etc etc...so it's not like they would be waiting with baited breath for my kids to come and see them...
My middle son goes to Holland for a week, last year he went for 2 weeks and that clearly was too long, he was getting bored, didn't have the freedom he has here cause he doesn't know his way round etc...
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:26 am
banned

There you are MH, you do exactly what is right for your kids..I'm sure if they had mates and a big family back home then it may be different..but they love here..
Old Jun 7th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Abu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really niceAbu Andy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MataHari
my kids would be horrified if I told them they'd be going to Holland for months...this is where they have their social life, all their friends, their 'things', their life basically...even when we know it's 'temporary', to them it doesn't feel that way now...
also, we don't have a large family and I am not too bothered about the family that I do have, lol...
the kids friends that they had back home have all moved on with their lives, just as we have...they are all teenagers now, no longer in the same schools as they were etc etc...so it's not like they would be waiting with baited breath for my kids to come and see them...
My middle son goes to Holland for a week, last year he went for 2 weeks and that clearly was too long, he was getting bored, didn't have the freedom he has here cause he doesn't know his way round etc...
Hi MH

I have spent a lot of time between the Netherlands and Scotland over the last few years. This place, so far, has been too good to leave for a holiday. I suppose I am still in the early stages of finding out about this place, perhaps in a month Scotland or Holland may be ideal for a holiday.

A.A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.