Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Guys: Party preparations

Guys: Party preparations

Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:53 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guys: Party preparations

"[Debenhams] solemnly assures us that the average British male spends 98 minutes preparing for a night out, while women take only 84 minutes."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...2-seconds.html

You gotta be joking. And if that's the average, then--presumably--to make up for me and most of my mates who spend around 15 minutes (I don't count showering coz I do that anyway), there must be a helluva lot of metrosexuals out there who spend several hours getting ready. FFS.

Spugsy, how long you gonna spend preparing to demolish 500 quids worth of booze? And a few pints to warm up doesn't count.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 10:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guys: Party preparations

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
"[Debenhams] solemnly assures us that the average British male spends 98 minutes preparing for a night out, while women take only 84 minutes."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...2-seconds.html

You gotta be joking. And if that's the average, then--presumably--to make up for me and most of my mates who spend around 15 minutes (I don't count showering coz I do that anyway), there must be a helluva lot of metrosexuals out there who spend several hours getting ready. FFS.

Spugsy, how long you gonna spend preparing to demolish 500 quids worth of booze? And a few pints to warm up doesn't count.
those figures seem a bit dodgy, takes me about 20 mins to get ready
Old Dec 18th 2010, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

15 minutes for me and 30 minutes for the misses.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

When does the clock start? is it when you first get in the shower, or when you first say 'right, I'm going to get ready' just before wandering into the kitchen to make a coffee.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 4:10 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Ok...

Get out shower...clock starts:

2 mins, towel dry,
5 seconds: clarins mousturiser around the face.
2 mins: clean teeth.
1 min deoderant and aftershave. ( Shave in shower) time saver...
0.000005 seconds. Put wax/gel/mould or whatever the missus has at the sink in hair and rub in.
5mins Put clothes on. Standard affair..jeans, shoes and shirt. Shoes, belt and watch MUST match which is time consuming.

Done....
Old Dec 19th 2010, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've known a couple of boys who take a fair bit of time to get ready- longer than me and I take an hour if I'm not doing a last minute dash. One I didn't mind as he looked and smelt delicious- not actually sure what he spent his time doing but who cares when you're that hot, the other one seemed to take hours - bit of OCD I think- he'd spend 40 minutes just ironing his shirt and trousers (wouldn't let me do it), trimming his face fur- even though it looked perfect in the first place- he did smell nice though- but I had to be careful what I said with him- one wrong comment and it would take another hour! On the other side of the fence I have known some boys who are ready in 2 minutes flat- and they still looked great.

I won't even go into howlong it takes my gay friends to get ready- they must bump the average up substantially!