British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Gumball Rally - Can anyone help me with sponsorship? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/gumball-rally-can-anyone-help-me-sponsorship-596066/)

Bison Mar 7th 2009 6:33 pm

Gumball Rally - Can anyone help me with sponsorship?

I want to do the Gumball Rally this year or if we miss the deadline then next year, but need some considerable sponsorship and possibly a car but i'm working on that (might be supplied with a Diablo, fingers crossed)

I will be doing it for charity, supporting MND (Motor Neurone Disease Association) so any help advice etc would be appreciated.

Bison

B Bear Mar 8th 2009 8:09 am

Re: Gumball Rally - Can anyone help me with sponsorship?

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7355107)
I want to do the Gumball Rally this year or if we miss the deadline then next year, but need some considerable sponsorship and possibly a car but i'm working on that (might be supplied with a Diablo, fingers crossed)

I will be doing it for charity, supporting MND (Motor Neurone Disease Association) so any help advice etc would be appreciated.

Bison

...I think you will defo need a car...

lionheart Mar 8th 2009 8:26 am

I want to do the Gumball Rally this year or if we miss the deadline then next year...
Bison

Sorry but I have never heard of it.

Blue Cat Mar 8th 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7356284)
Sorry but I have never heard of it.

more information please Bison, maybe a link?

Bison Mar 8th 2009 9:16 am

www.gumball3000.com

It's a pretty big deal and has been going for years.... lots of TV programs about it on channels like MTV and Men & Motors etc.

Bison :thumbup:

Spugsy Mar 8th 2009 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356351)
www.gumball3000.com

It's a pretty big deal and has been going for years.... lots of TV programs about it on channels like MTV and Men & Motors etc.

Bison :thumbup:

and most of them drive top of the range supercars as well...

Bison Mar 8th 2009 9:29 am

and most of them drive top of the range supercars as well...
I know, like I said I am working on trying to get Diablo, but nothing confirmed yet, so open to offers sponsorship etc, obviously any companies willing to help would have their logos plastered all over the car and lots of TV coverage.

I have approached Durex and am in talks with them, but need to keep the options open.

The last resort would be to plunge some more money into my T5-R, take it from it's current 330bhp to around 500bhp, some more suspension work and bigger brakes all round, that should frighten a few supercars anyway.

Bison

NorthernLad Mar 8th 2009 9:49 am

Bison

Are you sure it is still on? A friend did it last year and some English lads crashed into an old couple, killing them (and then tried to do a runner).

The race was cancelled and they said no more.

Also a load of problems in Germany with police, then when they flew the cars to Turkey they were refused permission to land.

As far as I know it was invite only - and there was a fairly strict interview process.

Bison Mar 8th 2009 10:56 am

Yeah definately on, 100% it's coast to coast - Los Angeles to Miami this year.. Gonna be sick!

Spugsy Mar 8th 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356489)
Yeah definately on, 100% it's coast to coast - Los Angeles to Miami this year.. Gonna be sick!

isn't it usually through europe though? thats rubbish if its just in the US.

Bison Mar 8th 2009 12:22 pm

isn't it usually through europe though? thats rubbish if its just in the US.
It will be quality, just like the old Cannon Ball Run Films and The Smokey and The Bandits...

Yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Spugsy Mar 8th 2009 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356693)
It will be quality, just like the old Cannon Ball Run Films and The Smokey and The Bandits...

Yeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bison lad, I mean....come on.....you're ****ing dreaming mate.

Bison Mar 8th 2009 12:29 pm

Bison lad, I mean....come on.....you're ****ing dreaming mate.
Mate, I'm deadly serious about it. Like I said I think I can get the car, just needs sponsorship now, loads of companies have sponsored individuals or teams in the past, nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it!

Thanks for the encouragement Spugsy lad :thumbup:

Bison

Blue Cat Mar 8th 2009 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7356709)
Mate, I'm deadly serious about it. Like I said I think I can get the car, just needs sponsorship now, loads of companies have sponsored individuals or teams in the past, nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it!

Thanks for the encouragement Spugsy lad :thumbup:

Bison

getting corporate sponsorship in the current climate is going to be tough, how much do you need?

NorthernLad Mar 8th 2009 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7356820)
getting corporate sponsorship in the current climate is going to be tough, how much do you need?

It used to be 28,000 pounds per car