Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Gulf News joins 'Silly Season!'

Gulf News joins 'Silly Season!'

Old Jun 16th 2011, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gulf News joins 'Silly Season!'

Dubai: An underwear that enhances sexual pleasure, a cap to relieve migraines, mugs to draw nicotine and toxins out of your body… the Tai Jia Trading store in Dragon Mart is a Pandora's box of unusual finds.

Domivee Flor Dacuno, the store's salesperson, says all the products are imported directly from China, with the V Nkoou male underwear among the fast-selling items in the shop.

Magnetic magic

Developed by the Vouglas Life Science Institute in New York, the boxer shorts, the result of years of research, features strategically-placed magnets with ultrared, silver ion and negative ion fibre, positioned at the prostate envelope, to kill bacteria and infection. The 16 aeronautically treated multipolar magnets "improve blood circulation in the genitals, promote secretion of male hormones, make reproductive cells more vigorous and greatly enhancing sexual performance", promises the product.

Article continues below

"Our series of infrared products are extremely popular with both Arabs and expats alike," says Dacuno. "It's a complementary service to allopathic medicine that doesn't harm anyone.

"Take the case of a migraine sufferer. Investing Dh120 in the infrared magnetic cap will help in relieving the headaches and migraine, says Dacuno. "Featuring infrared technology to activate the DNA, the cap regulates metabolism and enhances immune function, thereby improving blood circulation, relieving tension in the celebral cortex and aid spells of dizziness and migraine."

The store's list of unusual products doesn't end here. It also offers the Nano Energy Cup, most effective for heavy smokers. With a filter to enhance the pH levels of the water consumed through it, the mug and water flask improves the oxygen level in the body, warming and eliminating fats, toxins and other free radicals from the system. "Most notably, this includes the detox of alcohol and tobacco from our bodies," says Dacuno.

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...ecial-1.822168

Does it have an inbuilt 'Orgasmotron?'
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:24 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gulf News joins 'Silly Season!'

Originally Posted by jackthehat

Developed by the Vouglas Life Science Institute in New York, the boxer shorts, the result of years of research, features strategically-placed magnets with ultrared, silver ion and negative ion fibre, positioned at the prostate envelope, to kill bacteria and infection. The 16 aeronautically treated multipolar magnets "improve blood circulation in the genitals, promote secretion of male hormones, make reproductive cells more vigorous and greatly enhancing sexual performance", promises the product.
Did a few searches on that...doesn't exist!

Article continues below

"Our series of infrared products are extremely popular with both Arabs and expats alike," says Dacuno. "It's a complementary service to allopathic medicine that doesn't harm anyone.
Well...aside from their wallet of course

"Take the case of a migraine sufferer. Investing Dh120 in the infrared magnetic cap will help in relieving the headaches and migraine, says Dacuno. "Featuring infrared technology to activate the DNA, the cap regulates metabolism and enhances immune function, thereby improving blood circulation, relieving tension in the celebral cortex and aid spells of dizziness and migraine."
This level of bullshit claim can only be rivaled by reading the average holy book.

The store's list of unusual products doesn't end here. It also offers the Nano Energy Cup, most effective for heavy smokers. With a filter to enhance the pH levels of the water consumed through it, the mug and water flask improves the oxygen level in the body, warming and eliminating fats, toxins and other free radicals from the system. "Most notably, this includes the detox of alcohol and tobacco from our bodies," says Dacuno.
Or you could just get plenty of rest, don't smoke or drink too much, eat well and drink lots of water...but that would be too easy of course!

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/ge...ecial-1.822168

Does it have an inbuilt 'Orgasmotron?'
Penn & Teller sum up alternative medicine perfectly...watch for the magnet lady in the mall:
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai: An underwear that enhances sexual pleasure, a cap to relieve migraines, mugs to draw nicotine and toxins out of your body… the Tai Jia Trading store in Dragon Mart is a Pandora's box of unusual finds.
Those pants are fine if you're ok with cumming in your pants... not sure itll catch on...
Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Those pants are fine if you're ok with cumming in your pants... not sure itll catch on...
I'll take my chances...if it wasn't for pick pockets I wouldn't even have a sex life

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

What a load of absolute nonsense! Bought by Western expats for comedy value (or by those daft women who believe in angels) and by others too stupid to know better.

Norm, you & I really ought to set up a magic beans store next door.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Meow
Norm, you & I really ought to set up a magic beans store next door.
No need....I can sell them door to door with my snake oil and miracle wheat

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
No need....I can sell them door to door with my snake oil and miracle wheat

N.
Do I need a Trade Licence to sell Clothes Pegs and Lucky Heather, door to door?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:47 am

Do I need a Trade Licence to sell Clothes Pegs and Lucky Heather, door to door?
No but you will need to buy a pair of "lucky crocs" so your feet will bring you luck in business as you walk door to door.

I can get you a pair at the bargain price of AED800 including tax!

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:27 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
or by those daft women who believe in angels
A personl favourite of mine the angels brigade
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:04 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Gulf News joins 'Silly Season!'

...An underwear that enhances sexual pleasure...

Magnetic magic

Developed by the Vouglas Life Science Institute in New York, the boxer shorts, the result of years of research, features strategically-placed magnets
WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!

What could possibly go wrong if I put my jewls between two rare earth magnets?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!

Repulsion, perhaps?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I would suspect a bit of hovering along the lines of the hovercat theory

http://www.begent.org/toast.htm