Gulf Cup

Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:16 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gulf Cup

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...l-over-the-uae

A really tense and absorbing squeaker capped by a last-minute piece of skill from the inevitable Ahmed Khalil. Into the final with 100% record and still nobody interested...ah well...
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

So I can get a flight to Bahrain for the final for 700 dibs....but I can't find anywhere online for tickets?

Anyone any ideas?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:42 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
So I can get a flight to Bahrain for the final for 700 dibs....but I can't find anywhere online for tickets?

Anyone any ideas?
That's the spirit!

UAE allocated tickets are probably impossible to come by unless you know somebody in one of the big clubs. Like any final this will attract all sorts of people who would otherwise have no interest in football. I recall it was bedlam when UAE reached (and won) the final in Abu Dhabi in 2007...

It's hard to see the Iraqis using up their ticket allocation but I would say that the process of how any unused tickets might be allotted would be a typical Khaleji dance of the seven veils...

Given that the hosts are out and Iraq won't attract many fence-sitters, I'd say showing up and hoping for the best might be a viable option. Probably better to get the view of somebody in Bahrain on that..

Anyway, this is the venue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain_National_Stadium

It looks pretty dinky on TV frankly. Capacity is reported as 35,000 - not sure if that many Khalejis have ever simultaneously left their sofas previously so there may well be space.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's the spirit!

UAE allocated tickets are probably impossible to come by unless you know somebody in one of the big clubs. Like any final this will attract all sorts of people who would otherwise have no interest in football. I recall it was bedlam when UAE reached (and won) the final in Abu Dhabi in 2007...

It's hard to see the Iraqis using up their ticket allocation but I would say that the process of how any unused tickets might be allotted would be a typical Khaleji dance of the seven veils...

Given that the hosts are out and Iraq won't attract many fence-sitters, I'd say showing up and hoping for the best might be a viable option. Probably better to get the view of somebody in Bahrain on that..

Anyway, this is the venue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain_National_Stadium

It looks pretty dinky on TV frankly. Capacity is reported as 35,000 - not sure if that many Khalejis have ever simultaneously left their sofas previously so there may well be space.
I'm sorely tempted.

Worst that could happen is fly there, can't get tickets but go and find a bar, drink all day and fly home.

Ticks Bahrain off the list anyway.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:50 am
Account Closed

14:00 DXB–14:15 BAH
direct1h 15

00:55 BAH–03:05 DXB
direct1h 10

704 Dibs. It's got to be worth a punt.

Waiting to hear if my mate is up for it.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:56 am

14:00 DXB–14:15 BAH
direct1h 15

00:55 BAH–03:05 DXB
direct1h 10

704 Dibs. It's got to be worth a punt.

Waiting to hear if my mate is up for it.
Absolutely go for it. The least you'll get is a great story. Which you have to tell us when you get back. Well, tell me anyway, since it seems nobody else is listening...
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Absolutely go for it. The least you'll get is a great story. Which you have to tell us when you get back. Well, tell me anyway, since it seems nobody else is listening...
It's just been pied off by my mate. He's the only person I know stupid enough to want to go and watch a footie match in Bahrain.

Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:43 am

It's just been pied off by my mate. He's the only person I know stupid enough to want to go and watch a footie match in Bahrain.

Pah, what has today's fickle youth come to? Where is that commitment to reckless and wasteful adventure that got us through two wars blah blah...

Bummer - now I'll have to readjust the rug on knees, search for my glasses and find someone else through whom to live vicariously.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Pah, what has today's fickle youth come to? Where is that commitment to reckless and wasteful adventure that got us through two wars blah blah...

Bummer - now I'll have to readjust the rug on knees, search for my glasses and find someone else through whom to live vicariously.
I'm trying to find someone else to go with now. Apparently without tickets or knowing about tickets or whether we can buy tickets makes it less appealing.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:13 pm

I'm trying to find someone else to go with now. Apparently without tickets or knowing about tickets or whether we can buy tickets makes it less appealing.
Good on you. The uncertainty should make it more appealing for the real adventurers and those who want to truly embrace life!

That's the view from my armchair anyway...
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

Good on you. The uncertainty should make it more appealing for the real adventurers and those who want to truly embrace life!

That's the view from my armchair anyway...
No joy so far. Will keep trying.

Failing that I'll adventure my way to the golf in Abu Dhabi.

Next Gulf Cup is meant to be in Iraq...(well, this one was), that'd be an adventure!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Could we make some of the penalty-takers in the Iraq-Bahrain shoot-out honorary Englishmen? We could do with that kind of confidence and approach next time we find ourselves in one.......
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:51 pm

No joy so far. Will keep trying.

Failing that I'll adventure my way to the golf in Abu Dhabi.

Next Gulf Cup is meant to be in Iraq...(well, this one was), that'd be an adventure!
Not just Iraq but Basra.... So better get to this one!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:41 am
Account Closed

Not just Iraq but Basra.... So better get to this one!
Scrapped it. Nobody else is keen. Plus, I really want to see the golf in Abu Helmet so will just go to that instead.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:22 am

Scrapped it. Nobody else is keen. Plus, I really want to see the golf in Abu Helmet so will just go to that instead.
That's just rationalising your abject surrender.... (but fair dues for having a go)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.