Reload this Page >

Guide for most convinient visa run by plane from abu dhabi

Guide for most convinient visa run by plane from abu dhabi

Old Sep 25th 2014, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

mdubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guide for most convinient visa run by plane from abu dhabi

Hi all,

New to this forum and new to AD, unfortunately my wife and I had to do the dreaded visa run.
The first option we were given was to jump on a coach provided by my wife's employers, which involves a 6 hour round trip to the Al Ain and Oman border. I wasn't too keen on spending 6 hours on a coach and border controls. The second option was to drive our hired car to Oman, but that meant paying the rental company about 600Dhs extra on top of our hire costs for a letter of "no objection" and insurance for Oman.

So after some research I found Rotana jet who fly to to Muscat 3 times a week, Sat, Tues and Thurs. It's a pretty straight forward procedure.

1.Call up Rotana jet (don't book online) and say you want to book a flight to Oman for a visa run. They have a special fare for this, we paid 360Dhs return each.

2. Jump on the 18.30 flight from AUH terminal 2 (no queues) to muscat obtain UAE exit stamp arrive in muscat 19.30

3. Enter muscat terminal building and follow signs for "transfer desk" to the left (2 min walk)

4. Obtain boarding pass at transfer desk for AUH (10 mins) walk to gate (2 min walk) board plane, leave muscat 20.15 arrive in AUH 21.15, receive UAE entry stamp

5. Job done

Personally well worth the money, no queues or filling out forms at the immigration office downtown, plus its more expensive at immigration office, I think about 600Dhs each.

No driving to and from Al Ain border getting various stamps and coupons to hand over from one department to another....although this is cheaper if you don't have to pay additional for a no objection letter and insurance.

To top it all off you can say you have flown in a G450 gulfstream learjet!

Hope this is helpful for other newbies

Last edited by mdubz; Sep 25th 2014 at 11:01 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 6:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guide for most convinient visa run by plane from abu dhabi

You don't include your travel time to/from AUH airport and you had a smooth flight to/from. There can often be disruptions.
Coach from Dubai is a 4 hour round trip for 150 Dhm and not likely to get snarled up by Air Traffic delays.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 6:29 am
Just Joined

mdubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guide for most convinient visa run by plane from abu dhabi

We are 8 mins from the airport so no big issue there. Agree that you could be disrupted by flight delays, but at least you are not putting your life in the hands of a dodgy bus driver!

I suppose its personal choice and how much people are willing to spend!!