British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Grisly end but freak accident? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/grisly-end-but-freak-accident-897367/)

al dente May 30th 2017 5:26 am

Grisly end but freak accident?

Hamerton Zoo keeper dies in 'freak tiger accident' - BBC News

Poor woman, sounds a hideous way to go. However, tigers are meant to use their teeth to kill things so trying to minimise it as a freak accident instead of a tragic collapse in protocol isn't too clever. I'd be pissed off if I knew her.

However, this has led me to mull on grisly ends:
A big cat or bear attack sounds petrifying but it's the killer sharks that truly terrify me. Shudder.

scrubbedexpat141 May 30th 2017 7:24 am

Re: Grisly end but freak accident?

I could fight a bear.

mission May 30th 2017 10:47 am

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 12262548)
Hamerton Zoo keeper dies in 'freak tiger accident' - BBC News

Poor woman, sounds a hideous way to go. However, tigers are meant to use their teeth to kill things so trying to minimise it as a freak accident instead of a tragic collapse in protocol isn't too clever. I'd be pissed off if I knew her.

However, this has led me to mull on grisly ends:
A big cat or bear attack sounds petrifying but it's the killer sharks that truly terrify me. Shudder.

DENTE i totally agree.....i have a major phobia about the sea (i don't go into it at all - as in swim in it - am ok with boat trips/jet skiing etc) and all because of sharks....i won't even go into an empty swimming pool because i start to panic, thinking a shark is going to emerge through a hidden 'hole' on the side of the pool....i know, i'm a complete head case lol.

Bahtatboy May 30th 2017 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12262587)
I could fight a bear over a packet of Marlboro reds.

FTFY

scrubbedexpat141 May 31st 2017 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12262854)
FTFY

I'd let him have them. Pack of menthols, I'm in. Unless you want the Reds and I'll fight him for you?

BEVS May 31st 2017 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12262688)
..i have a major phobia about the sea (i don't go into it at all - as in swim in it

i won't even go into an empty swimming pool because i start to panic, thinking a shark is going to emerge through a hidden 'hole' on the side of the pool..
What ! I thought you were all action person.

No snorkelling?

Inselaffen May 31st 2017 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12262688)
DENTE i totally agree.....i have a major phobia about the sea (i don't go into it at all - as in swim in it - am ok with boat trips/jet skiing etc) and all because of sharks....i won't even go into an empty swimming pool because i start to panic, thinking a shark is going to emerge through a hidden 'hole' on the side of the pool....i know, i'm a complete head case lol.

when I go diving sharks are top of the list for things to see. rarely get to see them though!

UKCityGent May 31st 2017 8:18 am

Baby sharks taste nice with some pepper

mission May 31st 2017 9:24 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12263199)
What ! I thought you were all action person.

No snorkelling?

snorkelling i've done before i had my fear of sharks - since then, not done it :(