Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

With grim inevitability

With grim inevitability

Old Feb 15th 2017, 12:13 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: With grim inevitability

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Since I have been beaten to the post in regards to a Water café - Ive undertaken some research and come up with another solution.

Sadly not a café - but "Sands of the World" - featuring beach sand, coloured sand, history of sand, and Im sure we can rustle up a sand sandwich (I cant remember a whole afternoon of tom foolery !!)
Good shout. You might try to incorporate this:

Teddy Brown: [Looking at Inga lying on the beach invintingly] What's in it for me?
Inga Giltenburg: Sand

And:

Inga Giltenburg: [Subtitles in Swedish dream sequence] This was your first time? What did you think of it?
Teddy Brown: It's better than open sandwiches.
Old Feb 15th 2017, 4:22 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I'm generally a let and live person but there's something about extreme hipsters that is infuriating. Being alternative just for the sake of being alternative means they all end up lemmings to one another and even more conformist in their own way than the people they mock and claim to despise, so the whole hipster rage against the machine / 'soul crushing' conformity rings hollow and pathetic.
Love the pent up passive aggressive rant.

Old Feb 15th 2017, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I am planning a venture to sell dehydrated water.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 4:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Autonomy

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...44/247/297.png

I'm stealing that, thanks.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Aye. Did that this morning. It was raining which meant I had to order a careem instead of walking to the nearby main road and hailing a taxi and that cost me an extra 10 QAR.

Originally Posted by Autonomy

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...44/247/297.png
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Aye. Did that this morning. It was raining which meant I had to order a careem instead of walking to the nearby main road and hailing a taxi and that cost me an extra 10 QAR.
Should have got the metro.
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point

It's still under construction (and probably water today).
Old Feb 16th 2017, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I seem to recall some top-end restaurants in Saudi selling water from around the world, up to $100 or so a bottle. Still, for a nation that went nuts about red mercury from Singer sewing machines, what do you expect?
ha ha, I'd forgotten about that. One born every minute eh?
Old Feb 16th 2017, 7:27 am