The Greens

Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Greens

is driving me round the bend!! so we have the road being extended for nearly two years, fine it is expansion in the long run it will be better. Well now it is finished, well it is as far as I can see yet it is still cordoned of and all traffic crawling along in single lane. 40 minutes to get from home (Nr Nelsons) to the Greens and back
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Greens

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
is driving me round the bend!! so we have the road being extended for nearly two years, fine it is expansion in the long run it will be better. Well now it is finished, well it is as far as I can see yet it is still cordoned of and all traffic crawling along in single lane. 40 minutes to get from home (Nr Nelsons) to the Greens and back
you could jog it in 10
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:15 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
you could jog it in 10
I would trust me, no pavements and a 4 year old ?

edited to add - NO ROADS
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I would trust me, no pavements and a 4 year old ?

edited to add - NO ROADS
buy a tandem
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:18 am
Concierge

buy a tandem
no pavements, no roads, it is a nightmare round here
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

It's still terrible - we've been living with it for over a year now and it never gets better. Even on a Friday or Saturday night, trying to get on SZR is a 20 minute journey. I leave home by 6:30am now so I can to avoid the traffic. I'd rather get up early and have a 1 minute journey to SZR than spend up to an hour in traffic for the same route!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
It's still terrible - we've been living with it for over a year now and it never gets better. Even on a Friday or Saturday night, trying to get on SZR is a 20 minute journey. I leave home by 6:30am now so I can to avoid the traffic. I'd rather get up early and have a 1 minute journey to SZR than spend up to an hour in traffic for the same route!
I drop at school then go up to street 2, join the nightmare road and go back on myself to the roundabout, it is quicker if that makes sense, than joining it at street three where the fountain is?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:33 am
Account Closed

I drop at school then go up to street 2, join the nightmare road and go back on myself to the roundabout, it is quicker if that makes sense, than joining it at street three where the fountain is?
Yep - I've tried every route you can possibly think of and some of them are marginally less bad than others, but now I just skip it all together. So I get into work 45 minutes early - I'll live.

3rd Street (the Fountain) is a shocker but it's even worse if you try to join on 4th or 5th. There are just too many cars all feeding in at various points to get access to one exit point.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:56 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Yep - I've tried every route you can possibly think of and some of them are marginally less bad than others, but now I just skip it all together. So I get into work 45 minutes early - I'll live.

3rd Street (the Fountain) is a shocker but it's even worse if you try to join on 4th or 5th. There are just too many cars all feeding in at various points to get access to one exit point.
2nd street is best for me, cut my journey down by about 20 mins at least
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

I commiserate with you. I don't have to go out in the mornings very often but when I do I realise that it would drive me mad to do that journey on a daily basis.

It doesn't help when drivers "jam" the roundabouts with their inconsiderate driving.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:34 am
banned

Jeez, the trials and tribulations of the school run. What a hard life lol...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 5:36 am
banned

Can you not go out the rear end of the greens or is that just as bad?
Old Apr 27th 2009, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Exactly - and not everyone who lives in the Greens does the school run you know, although sometimes it feels like it! School hols a few weeks ago were bliss for the rest of us.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:07 pm
Concierge

everywhere is grid blocked in the morning, it is a no go situation
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

everywhere is grid blocked in the morning, it is a no go situation
International city exit at hatta road is NEVER blocked up

(yes - that's a ner ner na ner ner post)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.