Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Great quotes from movies

Great quotes from movies

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:54 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great quotes from movies

Chill, Winston.

Rory Breaker: If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything, I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now, do you understand everything I've just said? 'Cause if you don't, I'll kill ya! Now, Mr Bubble and Squeak, you may enlighten me.

LS&TSB
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Chill, Winston.

Rory Breaker: If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything, I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now, do you understand everything I've just said? 'Cause if you don't, I'll kill ya! Now, Mr Bubble and Squeak, you may enlighten me.

LS&TSB

ha ha brilliant movie.

Watched Rocknrolla again the other nite, also very funny...
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 12:24 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

This watch was on you daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they'd confiscate it--take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slope's gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So, he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch . . . up his ass. Then, he died of dysentery, he give me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Jules Winnfield: What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules Winnfield: What country you from?!
Brett: Wh-what?
Jules Winnfield: What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Jules Winnfield: English, mother-fu**er! Do you speak it?!
Brett: Yes.
Jules Winnfield: Then you know what I'm saying?!
Brett: Yes.
Jules Winnfield: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules Winnfield: Say "what" again! Say "what" again! I dare you, I double dare you, mother-fu**er! Say "what" one more Goddamn time!
Brett: He's black.
Jules Winnfield: Go on!
Brett: He's bald.
Jules Winnfield: Does he look like a bitch?!
Brett: What? Oww!
Jules Winnfield: Does he look like a bitch?!
Brett: No!
Jules Winnfield: Then why you trying to fu** him like a bitch, Brett?
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:15 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes we have to avoid thinking about the problems life presents. Otherwhise we'd suffocate.

Hiroshima Mon Amour
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I love this one from Tom Cruise's character in Tropic Thunder:

Les Grossman: First, take a big step back... and literally, **** YOUR OWN FACE! I don't know what kind of pan-pacific bullshit power play you're trying to pull here, but Asia Jack is my territory. So whatever you're thinking, you'd better think again! Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down in a Godly ****ing firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the ****ing United Nations and get a ****ing binding resolution to keep me from ****ing destroying you. I'm talking about a scorched earth, mother****er! I will massacre you! I WILL **** YOU UP!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:36 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
I love this one from Tom Cruise's character in Tropic Thunder:

Les Grossman: First, take a big step back... and literally, **** YOUR OWN FACE! I don't know what kind of pan-pacific bullshit power play you're trying to pull here, but Asia Jack is my territory. So whatever you're thinking, you'd better think again! Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down in a Godly ****ing firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the ****ing United Nations and get a ****ing binding resolution to keep me from ****ing destroying you. I'm talking about a scorched earth, mother****er! I will massacre you! I WILL **** YOU UP!
Generally a crap film, but Cruise was brilliant
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

haloola is an unknown quantity at this point

Ripley: Get away from her you Bitch!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Insanity runs in my family. It practically
gallops.
ARSENIC AND OLD LACE
Warner Bros., 1944
ACTOR Cary Grant

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking, did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth, I kinda lost track myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?
DIRTY HARRY
Warner Bros., 1971
ACTOR Clint Eastwood

What an excellent
day for an exorcism.
THE EXORCIST
Warner Bros., 1973
ACTOR Linda Blair, Mercedes McCambridge (voice)

And this one I really love

In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, and
they had 500 years of democracy and peace.
And what did that produce? The cuckoo
clock.
THE THIRD MAN
Selznick Releasing, 1949
ACTOR Orson Welles
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Juliet Forrest: What are you doing?
Rigby Reardon: Adjusting your breasts. You fainted and they... shifted all outta whack. There.
Juliet Forrest: Thank you.
Rigby Reardon: You're Welcome.

Rigby Reardon: [Gasping] What are you... doing?
Juliet Forrest: Adjusting your willie. When you fell through the window it shifted out of whack.
Rigby Reardon: Thanks.
Juliet Forrest: You're welcome.
Rigby Reardon: [narrating] I hadn't had my willie adjusted like that in a long time, especially without having to beg

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
great movie, haven't watched in years, will do so tonight.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

She was as wet as Drew Barrymore in a grunge party...RDJ in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang...
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

We've come here to pay our respects to Great Aunt Nellie. She brought us up properly and taught us loyalty. Now I want you to remember that during these next few days. I also want you to remember that if you don't come back with the goods, Nellie here will turn in her grave, and, likely as not, jump right out of it and kick your teeth in.

Mr Bridger The Italian Job
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:02 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Red (narrating): "In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I remember thinking it would take a man six hundred years to tunnel through the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty. Oh, Andy loved geology. I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn poster. Like I said, in prison a man will do most anything to keep his mind occupied. Turns out Andy's favorite hobby was totin' his wall out into the exercise yard, a handful at a time. I guess after Tommy was killed, Andy decided he'd been here just about long enough. Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile."

The Shawshank Redemption
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a limit on how long should a quote be???
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Fugative is an unknown quantity at this point

Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors OFF!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fugative
Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors OFF!
IS that Michael Caine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.