Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Great Britain I know appears to be broken...

The Great Britain I know appears to be broken...

Old Jun 5th 2014, 1:50 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Britain I know appears to be broken...

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Tom Mludzinski ‏@tom_ComRes
Having our immigration cake? 58% say Brits should be free to live/work anywhere in EU, 38% think ppl from EU shld be free to live/work in UK

What a surprise
That is a pretty unfair comparison as it is treating the rest of the EU as one homogeneous group. A fairer poll would have shown how people in the UK feel about workers from the more developed European countries working in the UK (France, Germany, Scandinavia) and how they feel about workers from those counties with less developed economies.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

A million old Brits go to Spain, a million young E.Europeans move to Britain and are better qualified and use fewer public services than the people who leave.
Yet 20% of the British population whine that they should be
Kept out while demanding their god given right to live in Spain
Old Jun 8th 2014, 6:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiraz1
A million old Brits go to Spain, a million youn E.Europeans move to Britain and are better qualified and use fewer public services than the people who leave.
Yet 20% of the British population whine that they should be
Kept out while danding their god given right to live in Spain
Interesting. Your source would be good to see.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Education and age profiles

http://cep.lse.ac.uk/pubs/download/pa014.pdf

Surely no one needs to have it explained to them thatpeople in their 70's consume more net public spending than people in their 30's?