Grand Tour

Old Nov 20th 2016, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grand Tour

Well it came out at the weekend and IMO didn't disappoint, especially with the test that no one else has managed to make happen - P1, 918 & La Ferrari x 2.

Some bits need work but that's understandable.

Dubai folk - the Season Finale is to be filmed at the Burj Khalifa. You can register for tickets online.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grand Tour

I signed up, fingers crossed.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 7:21 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Well after the bucket of turds called the new top gear, I am guessing anything would be better. I tried it last night on *a totally legal service* but had too much traffic for a decent stream. Have always been a fan of these 3 and their chemistry.
Btw those septics doing the american version, are they still at it?
Old Nov 20th 2016, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Well after the bucket of turds called the new top gear, I am guessing anything would be better. I tried it last night on *a totally legal service* but had too much traffic for a decent stream. Have always been a fan of these 3 and their chemistry.
Btw those septics doing the american version, are they still at it?
Haven't seen the US one on the box in a while, although surprisingly I don't mind it that much.... its certainly better than the Chris Evan show.

A mate brought the GT round on a stick. He'd downloaded it off a torrent on P - Bay.
Old Nov 20th 2016, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

use a torrent link and download it, no V P whatsit needed.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 3:13 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Watched yesterday on Amazon Prime. Seen the hype in various newspapers, so was expecting TG on steroids (which is more-or-less which all the UK rags described it as). Well... they must've been pretty weak streroids. TG+10% for me. Yeah, some aspects were good (but have they pushed the only boat out as far as it will go by getting the 3 supercars in the first show?), the Eboladrome was a bit tedious (and The American totally devoid of a soul. Or wit. Or any humour.), it needed some celeb input (seeing 3 of them -- well, ok, 2, I'm pretty sure that wasn't Carol Vorderperson on the floor -- dead/die wasn't worth watching), and basically all they've done is re-create TG in a tent.

I'll still watch, but I was expecting some freshness.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:52 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'll still watch, but I was expecting some freshness.
Totally agreed. And my conspiracy theory is that Clarkson paid that gay gazebo Chris Evans turd loads of money to deliberately sabotage TG so people will now watch TGT
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 5:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I thought it was excellent. The old Top Gear model was and worked well but the GT is so bound by BBC legal threats they can only be differently similar at best.

I thought the celebrity bit was shit.
The Eboladrome looks good.
The 3 supercar feature throughout was brilliant.

In general, I thought it was quality, the best thing about the show is the three of them and the opening sequence bowling around in Mustangs was great.

All in all, not perfect, but bloody good, because they haven't completely ****ed around with a winning format...well, no more than they were made to.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
I thought it was excellent. The old Top Gear model was and worked well but the GT is so bound by BBC legal threats they can only be differently similar at best.

I thought the celebrity bit was shit.
The Eboladrome looks good.
The 3 supercar feature throughout was brilliant.

In general, I thought it was quality, the best thing about the show is the three of them and the opening sequence bowling around in Mustangs was great.

All in all, not perfect, but bloody good, because they haven't completely ****ed around with a winning format...well, no more than they were made to.
The celebrity bit was shit and I agree on what you say about being constrained by the BBC in terms of what they can and can't do. Any new features that they integrate will take time to get right. It's only going to get better with time once they relax into the format and figure out where the line is between what they can and can't say.

Looking forward to the adventures they go on, as for me they're generally the best bits.

Also liked the choice of theme tune. Very appropriate. Dunno if that's going to be the same every week but that along with some of the looks they made did raise a chuckle.

I think they did well to stay away from bashing the BBC to much too. It would have been very easy for them to go down that route.

Have you register for tickets for the season grand finale to be filmed at the Burj Khalifa?
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
The celebrity bit was shit and I agree on what you say about being constrained by the BBC in terms of what they can and can't do. Any new features that they integrate will take time to get right. It's only going to get better with time once they relax into the format and figure out where the line is between what they can and can't say.

Looking forward to the adventures they go on, as for me they're generally the best bits.

Also liked the choice of theme tune. Very appropriate. Dunno if that's going to be the same every week but that along with some of the looks they made did raise a chuckle.

I think they did well to stay away from bashing the BBC to much too. It would have been very easy for them to go down that route.

Have you register for tickets for the season grand finale to be filmed at the Burj Khalifa?
Agree with all that. Poking a bit of fun at the BBC is welcomed but not going too far or too much is always the best bet.

Yeah, I've registered for tickets, not hopeful as only did it at the weekend. We'll see. Would absolutely love to go.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, I've registered for tickets, not hopeful as only did it at the weekend. We'll see. Would absolutely love to go.
Yeah I only registered last week too. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere (other than one post on FB) so hoping we should be alright.

Always wanted to be in the crowd at TG as I expected the bits of camera to be pretty brutal. Thinking as its a new show, the season finale, in Dubai and will a massive budget its going to be something special. You can image there's going to be some serious metal on display that day.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:13 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Constrained? Seriously?

If someone had been in a coma from just after watching the last proper episode of TG (and had forgotten all the farewells), and woken up just after the opening scene of GT, a reasonable comment would be: "Ah, they're doing this episode in a tent, they've changed the airstrip for an industrial estate, couldn't afford any celebs for this episode, but had 3 pretty nice cars for the main bit. I wonder if they'll be back in the studio next week."
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Constrained? Seriously?

If someone had been in a coma from just after watching the last proper episode of TG (and had forgotten all the farewells), and woken up just after the opening scene of GT, a reasonable comment would be: "Ah, they're doing this episode in a tent, they've changed the airstrip for an industrial estate, couldn't afford any celebs for this episode, but had 3 pretty nice cars for the main bit. I wonder if they'll be back in the studio next week."
The format hasn't changed much but in terms of what they can / can't do apparently the list is exhaustive - eg; can't call May 'Captain Slow' etc etc.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:26 am
Hit 16's

The format hasn't changed much but in terms of what they can / can't do apparently the list is exhaustive - eg; can't call May 'Captain Slow' etc etc.
If it's at that level then there's bugger-all real difference. I forgot to say that, not surprisingly, the cinematography is identical (identically excellent), so with virtually the same script writing and format it's a near-seamless transition.

Apparently Netflix paid $1/4bn for it -- I don't mind contributing £7.99 via Amazon Prime with all the other bits and bobs that brings.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

If it's at that level then there's bugger-all real difference. I forgot to say that, not surprisingly, the cinematography is identical (identically excellent), so with virtually the same script writing and format it's a near-seamless transition.
Thats because all the production staff came with them. Also, its Clarkson and Andy Wilman (?) who write the script.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.