British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Grand National Fatalaties (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/grand-national-fatalaties-712750/)

lionheart Apr 10th 2011 4:35 am

Grand National Fatalaties

Yet more carnage. When will they ever learn? That poor horse landing on his neck really sums it up. Shocking waste of talent.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-Aintree.html

shiva Apr 10th 2011 7:16 am

Re: Grand National Fatalaties

*STOP PRESS*

"lionheart in dangerous sport is dangerous shocker"

and in todays other news the sun shocked many by making another appearance this morning.

when will they learn, learn what? that its a dangerous pastime? really?
waste of talent? what, horses that have been bred for exactly that talent, not a waste as much as bred for that specific purpose really.

Norm_uk Apr 11th 2011 5:32 am

Sad when such a finely trained and cared for animal dies...horses are such a noble creature.

But...I am already getting tired of the press this receiving - it just confirms over and over that many people back home care more about kittens and horses than people.

N.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 11th 2011 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 9297444)
Sad when such a finely trained and cared for animal dies...horses are such a noble creature.

But...I am already getting tired of the press this receiving - it just confirms over and over that many people back home care more about kittens and horses than people.

N.

Amen.

Also agree with Shiva; they're bred for it, they love it and they love racing.

If a horse dies before the end of their career, the only thing they miss out on (if a successful horse) is lots of sex.

kittycat1 Apr 11th 2011 9:00 am

I also get upset when I see all the squished animals in the road back in blighty- poor fluffies!

I have decided I am becoming vegetarian again due to feeling guilty for eating little animals :p who is with me? Lionheart?? I'm serious btw.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 11th 2011 9:06 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9297665)
I also get upset when I see all the squished animals in the road back in blighty- poor fluffies!

I have decided I am becoming vegetarian again due to feeling guilty for eating little animals :p who is with me? Lionheart?? I'm serious btw.

Behave.

Bacon Sandwich or a hangover McDonalds.

Two reasons I've never entertained the thought of being a Vegetable.

Bahtatboy Apr 11th 2011 10:37 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9297665)

How d'you know plants don't have feelings, too?

And if rats (on a stick, preferably) tasted as good as a Lincolnshire sausages and by eating them you were reducing their numbers, would you or wouldn't you?

kittycat1 Apr 11th 2011 11:06 am

I like fluffy animals, I don't like seeing them dead so I think i'd rather not eat them- rats are cute too to be honest-ok not if its climbing out your ubend, but if I watch it on David Attenborough and go aww I think it falls into a cute factor.

I used to have a hamster which is a rodent- if hamsters where pests like rats would you say the same thing about them?

Plants- well Im not that bothered about them or fish. I do understand my arguement is completely flawed - and I will still drink milk and eat fish just nothing that resembles a carcus of something that was once cute!

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 12th 2011 8:46 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9297830)
I like fluffy animals, I don't like seeing them dead so I think i'd rather not eat them- rats are cute too to be honest-ok not if its climbing out your ubend, but if I watch it on David Attenborough and go aww I think it falls into a cute factor.

I used to have a hamster which is a rodent- if hamsters where pests like rats would you say the same thing about them?

Plants- well Im not that bothered about them or fish. I do understand my arguement is completely flawed - and I will still drink milk and eat fish just nothing that resembles a carcus of something that was once cute!

Purely because it would be like kicking a puppy, I'm going to let that abomination of an argument slide.

(also 'cos you've helped me get over here :) )