British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Gramercy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/gramercy-792851/)

Kix Apr 4th 2013 8:03 am

The Gramercy

The Gramercy

Anyone been?

Any good? Looks pricey!

I've been invited to a Gentlemans Evening there on the 14th.

Facebook if anyone else fancies it.

Brains1983 Apr 4th 2013 9:42 am

Re: The Gramercy

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10639645)
The Gramercy

Anyone been?

Any good? Looks pricey!

does look good. Not that pricey though? Ribeye is a bit deer, but it is a 300g

http://www.thegramercybar.com/images..._Food_Menu.pdf

think I might give it a bash over the weekend!

Theseus Apr 4th 2013 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 10639794)
Ribeye is a bit deer,

Nah it's definitely a bit cow :D

Cypselos Apr 4th 2013 9:54 am

It's a pub full of lawyers and finance chaps in suits spilling in from DIFC. The best indication of that atmosphere is that they have loads of big screens, but instead of sports they all play Bloomberg Financial News.

It's eye wateringly expensive for beer. No idea about the food. Good for a couple after work if you're already there, I wouldn't make a special trip.

It also has the loudest band in town, without the talent to justify it.

Brains1983 Apr 4th 2013 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Theseus (Post 10639805)
Nah it's definitely a bit cow :D

they got it from Tesco...

Spugsy Apr 4th 2013 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10639645)
The Gramercy

Anyone been?

Any good? Looks pricey!

Aye it's canny - I went to an MMI whisky tasting night with Meow's better half and we had a cracking time.

Although I hear it's a complete rip off of The Gramery in New York, which has nothing to do with it - just simply ripped off.

The Dean Apr 5th 2013 4:03 am

Nobody has pointed out that there is a door restriction policy on admitting females - unless you look like a supermodel, and are wearing not much more than you would wear in bed, you're not allowed in.

I took an old mate from London there about six months ago. Quote: "That's the first time in my life that walking into a bar has given me an erection............" :huh:

Patsy Stoned Apr 6th 2013 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10641356)
Nobody has pointed out that there is a door restriction policy on admitting females - unless you look like a supermodel, and are wearing not much more than you would wear in bed, you're not allowed in.

I took an old mate from London there about six months ago. Quote: "That's the first time in my life that walking into a bar has given me an erection............" :huh:

So has it helped your ..er...condition too darling? ;)

The Dean Apr 6th 2013 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10643429)
So has it helped your ..er...condition too darling? ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Put it this way........... I bought all the drinks because I could get closer to the bar than he could........... :o

norsk Apr 6th 2013 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Cypselos (Post 10639807)
It's a pub full of lawyers and finance chaps in suits spilling in from DIFC. The best indication of that atmosphere is that they have loads of big screens, but instead of sports they all play Bloomberg Financial News.

It's eye wateringly expensive for beer. No idea about the food. Good for a couple after work if you're already there, I wouldn't make a special trip.

It also has the loudest band in town, without the talent to justify it.

A lot of suits during the week for sure, but every time I've been there is football on the big screens. Beer is normal Dubai price which is of course not that cheap. Food is awesome and not at all that expensive.

They sponsor my football club so I've got a discount card, but I'm not sharing...:D