British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Got mates coming for dinner and..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/got-mates-coming-dinner-600579/)

Kim67 Mar 29th 2009 11:10 am

Got mates coming for dinner and.....

There are a pile of indians standing on my kitchen bench and cooktop fixing the sewerage that's leaking from my ceiling into my kitchen and dining room. You wouldn't believe the state of the villa! Been in it since October and I don't think their has been a day (certainly not a week anyway) go past without some kind of major leak or maintenance issue).

I think we'll be getting takeaway tonight so as not to run the risk of giving my friends dubai gut for their return home to oz in two days. At least they will be able to go home feeling a little better about their redundancy, at least they'll be going home to toilets that flush (they live in JBR so have the same problems as us).

seraphnina Mar 29th 2009 11:27 am

Re: Got mates coming for dinner and.....

LOL I thought you invited the Indians to dinner.:wub:

commander Mar 29th 2009 11:29 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7431477)
LOL I thought you invited the Indians to dinner.:wub:

i thought she was having an indian for dinner

seraphnina Mar 29th 2009 11:32 am

or two.

Kim67 Mar 29th 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7431484)
i thought she was having an indian for dinner

Could be the only way to get rid of the evidence once I kill the little mongrels.

In fairness, it's not their fault, they're clueless but it's the bloody building management who need to pull their finger out and get things done properly.

commander Mar 29th 2009 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7431493)
Could be the only way to get rid of the evidence once I kill the little mongrels.

thats quite a racist comment. Peep peep the offended bus will roll up soon...:rofl:

unless of course your referring to your ozzie guests

Kim67 Mar 29th 2009 11:47 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7431514)
thats quite a racist comment. Peep peep the offended bus will roll up soon...:rofl:

unless of course your referring to your ozzie guests

"little mongrels" is the type of thing you might call a naughty kid, nothing racist about it where I'm from.......a couple of my daughters five year old male classmates asked me the other day why I always call them mate on the school excursion - I gave them a quick lesson in the "australian" language. Now one of the the little german boys is using "beauty mate" as his new catchcry.

Confucius Mar 29th 2009 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7431433)
There are a pile of indians standing on my kitchen bench and cooktop fixing the sewerage that's leaking from my ceiling into my kitchen and dining room. You wouldn't believe the state of the villa! Been in it since October and I don't think their has been a day (certainly not a week anyway) go past without some kind of major leak or maintenance issue).

I think we'll be getting takeaway tonight so as not to run the risk of giving my friends dubai gut for their return home to oz in two days. At least they will be able to go home feeling a little better about their redundancy, at least they'll be going home to toilets that flush (they live in JBR so have the same problems as us).

You have a natural Niagara Falls ambiance at your house...What more can one want???

AnotherWorld Mar 29th 2009 8:10 pm

Kim i booked a 1 way ticket out of the UAE for friday. End goal is home too...

Kim67 Mar 30th 2009 4:30 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7432542)
Kim i booked a 1 way ticket out of the UAE for friday. End goal is home too...

Good on you - have a great trip back.

My 10 year old sobbed for hours last night when her friend left - part of it was having to say goodbye, the other part was knowing that her friend was going home and she wasn't - out of all of us, she misses home the most.