good movies

Old Aug 12th 2012, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good movies

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I have just watched Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close,. Excellent movie

Also, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is lovely.
Yeah - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close was superb, and very moving - and brought us yet another superb child actor (Thomas Horn) - how are these kids so talented?

And why do British directors seem to handle 9/11-related subjects so much better than the Americans?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:22 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the original of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. Absolutely awesome! Most of you will need to get the subtitles of course as it in Swedish of course, but I highly recommend it!

I'm going to watch the Hollywood version tonight, and frankly I expect I'll be disappointed despite the higher profile actors...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Watched the original of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night. Absolutely awesome! Most of you will need to get the subtitles of course as it in Swedish of course, but I highly recommend it!

I'm going to watch the Hollywood version tonight, and frankly I expect I'll be disappointed despite the higher profile actors...
I watched all 3 of the original ones. Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth was superb.
There are English dubbed copies of all 3 original movies on piratebay

I think you will be a little disappointed... Rooney Mara was not as good as Lisbeth but it was still well done , it will be interesting to see what they do with the next 2.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:54 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

I watched all 3 of the original ones. Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth was superb.
There are English dubbed copies of all 3 original movies on piratebay

I think you will be a little disappointed... Rooney Mara was not as good as Lisbeth but it was still well done , it will be interesting to see what they do with the next 2.
I have all three originals as well. Do you reckon I should watch the second and third before embarking on Hollywood then?

I read the books last year. They are awesome, but i still reckon Jo Nesbø is a better writer...(I would say that since he is Norwegian and Stieg Larsson was Swedish of course)
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Get Carter
The Italian Job
The Business
Nil By Mouth
Scum
The Firm - Gary Oldman
The Hustler
Bullitt
Rain Man
Twin Town! Hilarious, set in Swansea!
The Full Monty
Lock Stock
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I have all three originals as well. Do you reckon I should watch the second and third before embarking on Hollywood then?

I read the books last year. They are awesome, but i still reckon Jo Nesbø is a better writer...(I would say that since he is Norwegian and Stieg Larsson was Swedish of course)
I watched all 3 before I watched the new 1. I also read all 3 books, the movies follow the story very well.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:08 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

I watched all 3 before I watched the new 1. I also read all 3 books, the movies follow the story very well.
i'm reconsidering my strategy now. perhaps follow through with the originals first. yeah i was impressed with the first one, and also how they didn't worry about not showing some of the more gruesome stuff out of fear of offending people...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

i'm reconsidering my strategy now. perhaps follow through with the originals first. yeah i was impressed with the first one, and also how they didn't worry about not showing some of the more gruesome stuff out of fear of offending people...
The Daniel Craig 1 has a lot of those scenes cut.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:18 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Watching The Way just now on OSN. Good stuff.
yeah I really enjoyed that actually, not usually the sort of thing I'd watch.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:20 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I downloaded the trilogy, not started on them yet.

The hollywood version is good but they are all meant to be swedish except Daniel Craig who doesn't do any accent at all, for some odd reason.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:17 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah I really enjoyed that actually, not usually the sort of thing I'd watch.
was that the martin sheen movie?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:09 pm