good movies

Old Aug 5th 2012, 5:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: good movies

Originally Posted by The Dean
I think The Deer Hunter has improved with passing years - it was good back then, and is superb now (if that makes sense). The Russian Roulette scenes are still astonishingly powerful.
You see, I think I've seen it then. They sat in some shack above 'cells' in the water when they play?

If so, I've seen it but certainly need to watch it again.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why is it whenever there are threads like this, people just post weird, arty, shit films that only they or them and three others have ever heard of?

This place sometimes just resembles a pissing contest between ****ing losers.

Commander. Download some funny shit.

Inbetweeners
Superbad
Get Him to the Greek
Project X (good until the final scene I think)
Leon
Heat
American History X
We Were Soldiers

I've watched all those recently (hence why at top of my head).
With exception of the rather excellent Leon (one of my favourite films and we even have a plant called Leon in this house), your list sucks!
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
With exception of the rather excellent Leon (one of my favourite films and we even have a plant called Leon in this house), your list sucks!
Why don't you like Heat? Pacino (not that I particularly like him) and De Niro together are great.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:42 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it whenever there are threads like this, people just post weird, arty, shit films that only they or them and three others have ever heard of?

This place sometimes just resembles a pissing contest between ****ing losers.

Commander. Download some funny shit.

Inbetweeners
Superbad
Get Him to the Greek
Project X (good until the final scene I think)
Leon
Heat
American History X
We Were Soldiers

I've watched all those recently (hence why at top of my head).
That's what I love about this forum, tolerance for other's views.

Welcome to the dumbed down future. Download some funny shit everyone.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

You have no right to say that.

More to the point, Leon is funny?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Autonomy

Kind of a hypocritical post no?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why don't you like Heat? Pacino (not that I particularly like him) and De Niro together are great.
I can't remember Heat - I guess it didn't make an impression.

Scamp - there is no way mine are arty or weird. A couple are British films (and therefore good) and one is best described as horrific.

I saw a good film on the plane the other day, can't remember it's name 'Inviting Evil' or something. About a black dude who turns up at someone's home then kills everyone in the village. Anyone know the name?

EDIT - found it, Meeting Evil... off to download that now.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:53 am
Account Closed

I can't remember Heat - I guess it didn't make an impression.

Scamp - there is no way mine are arty or weird. A couple are British films (and therefore good) and one is best described as horrific.

I saw a good film on the plane the other day, can't remember it's name 'Inviting Evil' or something. About a black dude who turns up at someone's home then kills everyone in the village. Anyone know the name?

EDIT - found it, Meeting Evil... off to download that now.
Heat is brilliant. Think it's a Mann film so all a bit dark and quiet. Cop chasing robbers. Simple as that but quality.

Film threads are the same as book threads on here. It's a competition for who can come up with the most sophisticated / cultured / off-beat / different / 'impressive' etc.

It's like being at primary school and comparing how tall your Dad is.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Heat is brilliant. Think it's a Mann film so all a bit dark and quiet. Cop chasing robbers. Simple as that but quality.

Film threads are the same as book threads on here. It's a competition for who can come up with the most sophisticated / cultured / off-beat / different / 'impressive' etc.

The music thread went the same way... 'Upbeat' became the Verve! Next, it'll be Coldplay.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:00 am
Account Closed

The music thread went the same way... 'Upbeat' became the Verve! Next, it'll be Coldplay.
I might have said that was a good shout. Best keep quiet.

Some decent suggestions in that music thread though, my spotify has grown by a few songs.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I was taller than my Dad when I was eleven, so it never really worked for me.

Heat is also robbers chasing cops.......... which makes it even better. The scenes where De Niro and Pacino are on screen together are electrifying.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:04 am