good movies

Old May 14th 2013, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good movies

Originally Posted by OleJanx
But how sensored will it be?
Seen it before on OSN - the shoot-out was uncensored............ not sure about the language.
Old May 14th 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Seen it before on OSN - the shoot-out was uncensored............ not sure about the language.
Language has never really been a censoring point, has it ?
Old May 15th 2013, 7:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Language has never really been a censoring point, has it ?
Saw the new Star TRek last night at 3D IMAX, was pretty good - effects are amazing.
Old May 15th 2013, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Saw the new Star TRek last night at 3D IMAX, was pretty good - effects are amazing.
3D Imax - which one is that? Meydan? Ibn Battuta?
Old May 17th 2013, 8:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

3D Imax - which one is that? Meydan? Ibn Battuta?
Aye Ibn Buttuta - but the one at the Meydan is incredible
Old May 20th 2013, 8:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Django Unchained last night (after waiting 3 1/2 hours for it to download onto my iPad from iTunes...).

Great, but some way off the brilliance of Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bills and Inglorious Basterds (particularly the last four). Waltz was good but not as good as he was in Basterds (because of the role and script, not the acting--although the acting was, for me, a bit too similar to what was perfect in Basterds); Di Caprio was excellent; Foxx good, but parts of his script were totally incongruous with his character (whereas the scripts of the other characters weren't); the putative Ku Klux Klan headgear scene was clumsy; and there were some inconsistencies (Ku Klux Klan surrounding the Doc's wagon, then discussing headgear, with no suggestion that the time sequence had been altered; and Di Caprio's bloodied hand after breaking apart the skull). Or maybe I just need to watch it again (which I shall).
Old May 20th 2013, 9:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Watched Django Unchained last night (after waiting 3 1/2 hours for it to download onto my iPad from iTunes...).

Great, but some way off the brilliance of Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bills and Inglorious Basterds (particularly the last four). Waltz was good but not as good as he was in Basterds (because of the role and script, not the acting--although the acting was, for me, a bit too similar to what was perfect in Basterds); Di Caprio was excellent; Foxx good, but parts of his script were totally incongruous with his character (whereas the scripts of the other characters weren't); the putative Ku Klux Klan headgear scene was clumsy; and there were some inconsistencies (Ku Klux Klan surrounding the Doc's wagon, then discussing headgear, with no suggestion that the time sequence had been altered; and Di Caprio's bloodied hand after breaking apart the skull). Or maybe I just need to watch it again (which I shall).
Stop thinking and just enjoy.
Old May 20th 2013, 9:09 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the KKK scene was very Mel Brooks. An homage possibly?
Old May 20th 2013, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Great film - although you cut the middle boring hour with no impact on the story or enjoyment.
Old May 20th 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Samuel Jackson character was too close to a Roots spoof for my liking - otherwise a brilliant film.

[Point of historical fact: were many of slave traders in the old West Australians?? ]
Old May 20th 2013, 9:48 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The Samuel Jackson character was too close to a Roots spoof for my liking - otherwise a brilliant film.

[Point of historical fact: were many of slave traders in the old West Australians?? ]
He actually reminded me of one of the characters from the original Planet of the Apes...

Ozzies--dunno, but Tarantino looked really fat.
Old May 27th 2013, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Has anyone seen a good - even quite good - review for The Hangover 3??

No particular desire to see it anyway (and John Goodman is in it, which is usually enough to spoil things), but was just wondering............ it sounds truly dreadful.
Old May 27th 2013, 3:50 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

beast of the southern wild?
Old May 27th 2013, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Has anyone seen a good - even quite good - review for The Hangover 3??

No particular desire to see it anyway (and John Goodman is in it, which is usually enough to spoil things), but was just wondering............ it sounds truly dreadful.
Seen the terrible reviews but I'm absolutely adamant that in this world people who write those reviews must be so ****ing dull it's unbelievable.

Why watch a film like The Hangover to completely pick it apart? It's 90mins of sit and laugh and not think comedy.
Old May 27th 2013, 4:51 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scamp
Seen the terrible reviews but I'm absolutely adamant that in this world people who write those reviews must be so ****ing dull it's unbelievable.

Why watch a film like The Hangover to completely pick it apart? It's 90mins of sit and laugh and not think comedy.
the problem lies when movie executives copy the same exact jokes as the first one.

so you can laugh again about the small dick asian bloke?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.