Good Morning Forum

Old Aug 24th 2015, 10:30 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Morning Forum

Hope everyone is doing well or at least better than your immediate friends and neighbours

Been having a chat to a few companies about a return to the ME, it has been a year since I left, but I am struggling to get the enthusiasm up for it. Tales of random acts of exploitation, large engined vehicles and ostentatious displays of wealth may help.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good Morning Forum

We had ten days away over the Summer and I'm loving being back. Things don't close at 5pm. everything is bright and well lit and looks busy. People are willing to help and you can get anything done with a 20 AED note! Food is easily available and deliverable at all times. Any cuisine! People look smart and are at work on time and ready to get on with it.

This is all so different from where we were and it is just so good to be back in a busy, work inspired environment.

All we need now is the better weather and the real fun will begin.

Rose tinted glasses on and staying on!
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I went to the pub and got pissed last night. Didn't even look at the bill to check the cost, so big time here, you will need to adjust because you need not worry about these things again.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:33 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I went to the pub and got pissed last night. Didn't even look at the bill to check the cost, so big time here, you will need to adjust because you need not worry about these things again.
That's the spirit. Private booth with 1928 Moët I hope. It's not the money actually, I am a little bored in Ireland. I need an incredibly outlandish project to stoke up my interest in construction.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
That's the spirit. Private booth with 1928 Moët I hope. It's not the money actually, I am a little bored in Ireland. I need an incredibly outlandish project to stoke up my interest in construction.
Unfortunately not, just me, the mrs and pints of hobgoblin.

If you want silly then obviously this is the place. But it's weirdly quiet and a bit odd at the moment.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you want silly then obviously this is the place. But it's weirdly quiet and a bit odd at the moment.
Really? I see traffic everywhere again - although no sales apparently.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 10:34 am
Knee deep and rising

. But it's weirdly quiet and a bit odd at the moment.
I am getting that kind of feeling actually, hearing a lot of full order book nonsense but no start date for a lot of the projects.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 10:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Really? I see traffic everywhere again - although no sales apparently.
I meant in terms of building work etc.

I am getting that kind of feeling actually, hearing a lot of full order book nonsense but no start date for a lot of the projects.
It's odd, honestly. Hard to put finger on it. Some things flying up, but other things are stalling / shrinking / stopping.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Doha is busy. Lots of big tenders released lately. Qatar Rail, QP, construction, highways, anything infrastructure related.

UAE does feel like it's slowing down. Projects on hold, tenders delayed, budget cuts.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 11:22 am
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Doha is busy. Lots of big tenders released lately. Qatar Rail, QP, construction, highways, anything infrastructure related.

UAE does feel like it's slowing down. Projects on hold, tenders delayed, budget cuts.
I am not terribly keen on Doha and packages (for project management) seem to be stuck around the 55k per month mark. I was thinking to wait another year when panic levels might have increased and desperation offers creep in.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I am not terribly keen on Doha and packages (for project management) seem to be stuck around the 55k per month mark. I was thinking to wait another year when panic levels might have increased and desperation offers creep in.
They will be inundated with fired UAE CVs by then.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 12:38 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Millhouse
They will be inundated with fired UAE CVs by then.
True I'll allow another 3 months so, that should be enough time for the dregs of UAE to get hired and fired.

I have a hankering for Iraq, Afghanistan (or possibly Iran if that is possible) just for the insanity of it.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Lots of work but shit margins and bad payment , it's actually a place where in a perceived boom you could go bust !
Old Aug 25th 2015, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

True I'll allow another 3 months so, that should be enough time for the dregs of UAE to get hired and fired.

I have a hankering for Iraq, Afghanistan (or possibly Iran if that is possible) just for the insanity of it.
Wait too long and the salaries drop. Qatar commands a premium ONLY when the UAE is busy enough that people don't need to go there. The minute it slows here the premiums for Qatar, Saudi, Kuwait and Bahrain all drop.

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Lots of work but shit margins and bad payment , it's actually a place where in a perceived boom you could go bust !
Same here. Perception is a bastard of a disguise.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Iran would be my choice there. Iraq (KRG) is great, Iraq (south) not so great. Afghanistan is a depressing place - great if you like seeing the same people all the time and being fenced in by hesco walls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.