Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

A good day for English Rugby

A good day for English Rugby

Old Dec 1st 2012, 7:50 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default A good day for English Rugby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20534229

and

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20570304

Well done to the men and women!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: A good day for English Rugby

Good day for Tonga Rugby too - but not for Scottish Rugby !
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:32 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A good day for English Rugby

But what a hangover.......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...-cup-2015-draw

Assuming Fiji are the Oceania team, is that perhaps the hardest group ever in the finals of a major sports competition? I can't think of a worse one off hand...

Perhaps the shortest-lived redemption ever also... In reality, Robshaw's dodgy kick decision is far more significant than the greatest English rugby performance in ten zillion years etc etc....
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:34 am

Oh, and I'm not gloating, honest.....
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:39 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The fake Welshman in my office (he's actually English) says, "That's England ****ed then...ha ha ha..."
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:41 am

And to answer my own question, on paper I guess England's group in Japan 2002 was pretty bad if Argentina and Nigeria hadn't failed to show up.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
The fake Welshman in my office (he's actually English) says, "That's England ****ed then...ha ha ha..."
The Welsh can get ****ed.

Can't stand the pretend Welsh / Scots / Irish (that are really English) that just want to berate England for reasons they don't know or understand. Boring idiots.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Scamp

Can't stand the pretend Welsh / Scots / Irish (that are really English) that just want to berate England for reasons they don't know or understand. Boring idiots.
What about those of us who want to berate England for reasons we do know and understand?? (Though that was not necessarily my intent here, of course).
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:49 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

He was just gloating about Cardiff being such a fortress for them until I gently reminded him of their record this year.

I wouldn't rise to such shite usually, I get the whole "anyone but England" stuff from genuine celts, but this guy was born in London and sounds like a cockney, and seems to revel in the anti-English stuff. Weird.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
What about those of us who want to berate England for reasons we do know and understand?? (Though that was not necessarily my intent here, of course).
Yeah, I get that (to an extent, you as a Welshman haven't really been on the arse end of an English kicking like the 'olden days' so still tough to justify).

He was just gloating about Cardiff being such a fortress for them until I gently reminded him of their record this year.

I wouldn't rise to such shite usually, I get the whole "anyone but England" stuff from genuine celts, but this guy was born in London and sounds like a cockney, and seems to revel in the anti-English stuff. Weird.
It's killer. It's tragic glory seeking.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:53 am
Excess Baggage

I keep meaning to e-mail this to him.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...-2012111949502
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:55 am
Account Closed

I keep meaning to e-mail this to him.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/...-2012111949502
:r ofl:

Brilliant.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:57 am

..you as a Welshman...
I may be a great admirer of Gareth Thomas but I guess you are just looking for a rise here??
Old Dec 4th 2012, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I may be a great admirer of Gareth Thomas but I guess you are just looking for a rise here??
I made an assumption...so you're not Welsh?
Old Dec 4th 2012, 7:32 am

I made an assumption...so you're not Welsh?
Well that isn't a leek in my pocket if that's what you're asking...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.