British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Good customer service (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/good-customer-service-891576/)

Millhouse Feb 14th 2017 8:00 am

Good customer service

Well... I have just received some good customer service.

I bought a sofa from Pan Emirates about 6 months ago (I know, I know, I should have expected this)... the stitching started to come undone in one section from all the rampant sex I've not been having on it.

I complained to them expecting nothing to be done... they came, inspected, offered to repair, I refused, and they sent a new one. Loads of follow up calls etc. from them and keeping me informed all the time. They did a great job.

So... Pan Emirates, great customer service.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 14th 2017 8:21 am

Re: Good customer service

Staggering. :thumbsup:

I will give Souq the thumbs up they deserve for sorting an issue with an order that was astronomically badly handled by not them (the third party seller on there) who just totally ignored the fact I'd placed an order, lied about having stock, took the money and failed to respond to any contact.

Souq sorted it after admitting they couldn't get a response out the seller either. :ohmy::thumbup::thumbup:

Millhouse Feb 14th 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12179299)
Staggering. :thumbsup:

I will give Souq the thumbs up they deserve for sorting an issue with an order that was astronomically badly handled by not them (the third party seller on there) who just totally ignored the fact I'd placed an order, lied about having stock, took the money and failed to respond to any contact.

Souq sorted it after admitting they couldn't get a response out the seller either. :ohmy::thumbup::thumbup:

You know how I love a good souq story. Hopefully he will be taken off the platform.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 14th 2017 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12179302)
You know how I love a good souq story. Hopefully he will be taken off the platform.

Too big, too many customers. Was still banging out orders etc whilst I was complaining at him to no avail.

All I want is a long Samsung charger for my Sister's S7 or whatever it is for her birthday. It's surely not that difficult....?

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 19th 2017 4:24 am

Ordered the same item again, from a different 3rd party seller.

Exactly the same issue.

Souq can't get hold of them, although this guy has replied saying the item's been shipped - but has just had his pants down and found out to have lied.

Feel sorry for Souq because they're on the receiving end of my frustrations, but the fact they 'can't get hold of' one of their sellers is just not a good enough excuse.

Sigh. All I want is a ****ing cable. :blink:

jam25mack Feb 19th 2017 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12183630)
Sigh. All I want is a ****ing cable. :blink:

Bur Dubai....?

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 19th 2017 5:16 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12183634)
Bur Dubai....?

Exactly what I don't want to do. Or a mall in fact. I want to just buy something online and the seller do what they say they'll do and have it in stock and ****ing post it.

I've had two things from UK sellers via shop and ship arrive in less time than it's taken some half wit cunthead to stop pulling his pud and reply saying he's shipped it when he hasn't.

****ing *****. Useless, hopeless, brainless, lifeless *****. Now this hasn't happened I'll have to go to the mall tonight or Tuesday because it's for my Sister who arrives on Wednesday.

****ing useless *****. **** Souq. Never again, total waste of my life.

UKCityGent Feb 19th 2017 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12183635)
Exactly what I don't want to do. Or a mall in fact. I want to just buy something online and the seller do what they say they'll do and have it in stock and ****ing post it.

I've had two things from UK sellers via shop and ship arrive in less time than it's taken some half wit cunthead to stop pulling his pud and reply saying he's shipped it when he hasn't.

****ing *****. Useless, hopeless, brainless, lifeless *****. Now this hasn't happened I'll have to go to the mall tonight or Tuesday because it's for my Sister who arrives on Wednesday.

But apart from that - how did you rate your experience with Souq.com :lol:

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 19th 2017 6:24 am

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 12183642)
But apart from that - how did you rate your experience with Souq.com :lol:

:rofl:

Souq get some of the blame but they have been trying to sort it. I give them credit for this....but I blame them for not being able to reach a seller and for letting someone blatantly lie about a situation. It appears their ability to actually do anything about a situation is zero.

jam25mack Feb 19th 2017 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12183635)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bur Dubai / The Mall in the evening...... sounds like fun.....! ;):rofl:

DXBtoDOH Feb 19th 2017 7:08 am

Sunday evening isn't bad. And Scamp lives 5 minutes from Dubai Mall ;)

Get a fitbit and consider it exercise. Aren't we meant to be walking 10,000 steps a day? DM is just perfect for it.

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12183650)

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 19th 2017 7:09 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12183650)

It's a present so I sort of have to.......although I could easily not as it's for my Sister and I have other things for her. It's just annoying that the same item from two different sellers has been a nightmare.

IKnowNothing Feb 19th 2017 7:52 am

You bought your sister a cable as a present?

With brothers like you....

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 19th 2017 9:11 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12183693)
You bought your sister a cable as a present?

With brothers like you....

I know. I'm such a **** for wanting to get her one of the things she asked for. :zzz::rolleyes:

DXBtoDOH Feb 19th 2017 9:19 am

I don't exchange gifts with my sister, save at Christmas. :thumbup: (yes, we like each other).

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12183729)
I know. I'm such a **** for wanting to get her one of the things she asked for. :zzz::rolleyes: