British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Golfers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/golfers-830862/)

Scamp Apr 9th 2014 11:01 am

Golfers
 
Afternoon campers,

Several questions:

Who on here plays golf?
Who on here plays golf regularly?
Who on here is a member anywhere?
Who on here would like to do a BE round somewhere, sometime?

Thanking you all in advance, for your cooperation.

MAV_DXB Apr 9th 2014 11:36 am

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11211242)
Afternoon campers,

Several questions:

Who on here plays golf? I do
Who on here plays golf regularly? Nope, very hit and miss, just like my game
Who on here is a member anywhere? Nope
Who on here would like to do a BE round somewhere, sometime? Yeah, why not, when I'm not travelling I 'work' from home, so I'm free any time

Thanking you all in advance, for your cooperation.

And an additional question - are you any good? Nope, smash it and try to find it is my game.

Scamp Apr 9th 2014 11:52 am

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 11211303)
And an additional question - are you any good? Nope, smash it and try to find it is my game.

Good.

Answer to your additional - yes and no. I shot a career best 86 round Fire a few weeks back. But normally in the 90's when I play. Handicap is 20.2

Friendly round then. Stableford or something.

Weekends suit me best, I'm not important enough to just swan off midweek unfortunately!

the_red_sheep Apr 9th 2014 12:21 pm

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11211242)
Afternoon campers,

Several questions:

Who on here plays golf? Yes
Who on here plays golf regularly?Not played reguarly for a few years
Who on here is a member anywhere? Nope
Who on here would like to do a BE round somewhere, sometime?Yes

Thanking you all in advance, for your cooperation.

Keen to get back playing, it's been a while.

Gus Honeybun Apr 9th 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Golfers
 
I'm a "social member" of the Monte - a learner really, but ready to make up numbers if required.

MAV_DXB Apr 10th 2014 4:21 am

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11211313)
Good.

Answer to your additional - yes and no. I shot a career best 86 round Fire a few weeks back. But normally in the 90's when I play. Handicap is 20.2

Friendly round then. Stableford or something.

Weekends suit me best, I'm not important enough to just swan off midweek unfortunately!

86.... 86... I think my career best is 112 - shot at the Meydan course a few weeks ago. I did play last Thursday, got a 68, yep, you read that right, a 68.

However, for the 2nd 9 holes I got a 51, so a total of 119 :D But somehow I managed to par 2 holes - result. I lost maybe 8 balls during the round lol.

I've heard the term Stapleford - no idea what it is though. But friendly yes, I'll laugh at my shots, and any one else who fecks up.

Oh, and I'm definitely not important enough - my boss in based in the US :)

Scamp Apr 10th 2014 5:33 am

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 11212524)
86.... 86... I think my career best is 112 - shot at the Meydan course a few weeks ago. I did play last Thursday, got a 68, yep, you read that right, a 68.

However, for the 2nd 9 holes I got a 51, so a total of 119 :D But somehow I managed to par 2 holes - result. I lost maybe 8 balls during the round lol.

I've heard the term Stapleford - no idea what it is though. But friendly yes, I'll laugh at my shots, and any one else who fecks up.

Oh, and I'm definitely not important enough - my boss in based in the US :)

I remember shooting 128 on Fire as well though....who cares, it's 4hrs in the fresh air with some mates having a laugh!

Right, let's let this thread rumble on and see who else is up for it as well.

Millhouse Apr 10th 2014 5:35 am

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB (Post 11212524)
86.... 86... I think my career best is 112 - shot at the Meydan course a few weeks ago. I did play last Thursday, got a 68, yep, you read that right, a 68.

However, for the 2nd 9 holes I got a 51, so a total of 119 :D But somehow I managed to par 2 holes - result. I lost maybe 8 balls during the round lol.

I've heard the term Stapleford - no idea what it is though. But friendly yes, I'll laugh at my shots, and any one else who fecks up.

Oh, and I'm definitely not important enough - my boss in based in the US :)

you sound like my kind of golfer.

I once played with Scamp - he gives it all the 'I'm shit and here for fun' - then he hits the first ball...

britexpat76 Apr 10th 2014 10:25 am

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11211242)
Afternoon campers,

Several questions:

Who on here plays golf? I am still living off Past Glories
Who on here plays golf regularly? I change my wife more often than I play these days
Who on here is a member anywhere? No
Who on here would like to do a BE round somewhere, sometime? If beer is involved I am sure I can wangle a trip to Dubs

Thanking you all in advance, for your cooperation.

I am up for that

MAV_DXB Apr 10th 2014 10:56 am

Re: Golfers
 
This is my current driver:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/...4bb/Driver.jpg


When I tee'd off last Thursday, the first ball went about 30 yards - sod that, have another go... my next attempt headed straight for the water, splosh. I took a drop shot for my next go. I lost 2, maybe 3 balls on that first hole :)

Bahtatboy Apr 14th 2014 12:36 pm

Re: Golfers
 
For all you hackers out there, I found these two books extremely good as distillations of lots of varied advice. I'm now shooting low 70's on a regular basis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEYS-GOLF-Ef...s=how+to+break

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEYS-GOLF-Ef...s=how+to+break

I have no financial or other involvement with the above.

Scamp Apr 14th 2014 12:53 pm

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11218133)
For all you hackers out there, I found these two books extremely good as distillations of lots of varied advice. I'm now shooting low 70's on a regular basis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEYS-GOLF-Ef...s=how+to+break

http://www.amazon.co.uk/KEYS-GOLF-Ef...s=how+to+break

I have no financial or other involvement with the above.

Low 70's is awesome mate.

After a good round on Fire I shot loads on Earth and this Saturday I had a stinker round Jebel Ali which is one of my favourites...105.

Although, drove the short par-4. Didn't think I would. Nobody on the green putting noticed until they saw my ball when they were walking off. Profuse apologies accepted. Jokes shared. Eagle putt (10ft) missed. Birdie putt an inch short. Idiot.

Bahtatboy Apr 14th 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11218166)
Low 70's is awesome mate.

After a good round on Fire I shot loads on Earth and this Saturday I had a stinker round Jebel Ali which is one of my favourites...105.

Although, drove the short par-4. Didn't think I would. Nobody on the green putting noticed until they saw my ball when they were walking off. Profuse apologies accepted. Jokes shared. Eagle putt (10ft) missed. Birdie putt an inch short. Idiot.

I was lying. However...had 4 days golfing holiday with Bahtatgirl and Bahtatmalesprogs, the 1st day of which was spent entirely praticing--range, chipping/pitching, and putting, and I saw a marked improvement in my game on the next 2 days (4th day was raining, and I refuse to play in the rain--plus there was lightning). Subsequently bought the above books, and they make extreme sense. Will put into practice this weekend (together with new driver) and report back. :D

Scamp Apr 14th 2014 1:12 pm

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11218189)
I was lying. However...had 4 days golfing holiday with Bahtatgirl and Bahtatmalesprogs, the 1st day of which was spent entirely praticing--range, chipping/pitching, and putting, and I saw a marked improvement in my game on the next 2 days (4th day was raining, and I refuse to play in the rain--plus there was lightning). Subsequently bought the above books, and they make extreme sense. Will put into practice this weekend (together with new driver) and report back. :D

:rofl: How foolish of me.

I'm playing on Wednesday at JGE. Fire is booked but might try and get on Earth instead. Going to go up and practice lots before hand. Want another good round.

Millhouse Apr 14th 2014 1:33 pm

Re: Golfers
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11218189)
I was lying. However...had 4 days golfing holiday with Bahtatgirl and Bahtatmalesprogs, the 1st day of which was spent entirely praticing--range, chipping/pitching, and putting, and I saw a marked improvement in my game on the next 2 days (4th day was raining, and I refuse to play in the rain--plus there was lightning). Subsequently bought the above books, and they make extreme sense. Will put into practice this weekend (together with new driver) and report back. :D

downlaod the Leadbetter DVD - watch it at the range on your ipad.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:08 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.