British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Golden Mile and IFA Hotels and Resorts (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/golden-mile-ifa-hotels-resorts-607204/)

Blue Cat May 5th 2009 4:33 am

The Golden Mile and IFA Hotels and Resorts

CON.

Saw a 2 bed apartment advertised on Dubizzle for the Golden Mile, contacted them re viewing. They called me back and arranged for me to view yesterday afternoon. What a fiasco. Apparently you can't view them until you visit their office to be checked out by one of their sales executives. I had driven over there so thought what the hell I may as well persevere and try and see the damn thing. Absolute waste of time. The ad states that you have all the amenities of a hotel and a maid and concierge service etc. Load of rubbish. When I questioned them about pool access and the beach etc I was told you had to join the Al Shalal beach club at a cost of 22k per year and that the pools being built near the Golden Mile are just for the hotel residents. So basically you can rent a 2 bed in the Shoreline apartments and get the amenities for free. (for the same price).

Eventually once they had found a driver for me to follow to the Golden Mile I was told that Children aren't allowed into the development. They knew I had my daughter with me as I had informed them that I didn't have the time or inclination to be interviewed by them etc as I had her with me.

So we get to the 'development' and I am told that I can leave my daughter and Mother in the car and go and look at the apartment on my own, with two of their male representatives. I politely told them they could stuff their one and only apartment and drove off. They claim to only have one apartment left out of ten buildings :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyone thinking about the Golden Mile, don't :thumbdown:

pauldxb May 5th 2009 4:46 am

Re: The Golden Mile and IFA Hotels and Resorts

Why are you looking at the Golden Mile anyway :thumbdown:

Blue Cat May 5th 2009 4:50 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7541696)
Why are you looking at the Golden Mile anyway :thumbdown:

I am not now I can assure you, but I am interested in the Shoreline Apartments, Golden Mile were advertising at the same price so thought I would take a look as a comparison. They people working in their offices are a bunch of tossers. When I said to the guy I could rent a two bed shoreline and get the beach club for free instead of renting one on the Golden Mile, he agreed with me. Jesus they are bloody useless.

pauldxb May 5th 2009 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7541706)
I am not now I can assure you, but I am interested in the Shoreline Apartments, Golden Mile were advertising at the same price so thought I would take a look as a comparison. They people working in their offices are a bunch of tossers. When I said to the guy I could rent a two bed shoreline and get the beach club for free instead of renting one on the Golden Mile, he agreed with me. Jesus they are bloody useless.

Shoreline are ok BUT if you can wait until June i suggest renting one of the marina apartments on Palm, great views ! The left side buildings will have marina / Palm views & the right side will have Burj / Palm views. This is not an advert i dont own a property available for rent its just I drive past them everyday & they look beautiful from the outside. A friend of mine who works for Nakheel on the Island reckons they are stunning

PS: If you do go for Shoreline i suggest buildings 8 or 9

Blue Cat May 5th 2009 4:58 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7541713)
Shoreline are ok BUT if you can wait until June i suggest renting one of the marina apartments on Palm, great views ! The left side buildings will have marina / Palm views & the right side will have Burj / Palm views. This is not an advert i dont own a property available for rent its just I drive past them everyday & they look beautiful from the outside. A friend of mine who works for Nakheel on the Island reckons they are stunning

PS: If you do go for Shoreline i suggest buildings 8 or 9

are the Marina apartments the big brown ones at the end of Shoreline 10? I was preferring Shoreline 1 to be honest with you as it is very quiet. But saying that I would rather have a villa, but the ones I like are just out of our price range.