British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Golden Globes 2012 - Ricky G (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/golden-globes-2012-ricky-g-745115/)

giddyup Jan 16th 2012 2:43 am

Golden Globes 2012 - Ricky G

Ricky G introducing himself to the US again

Great to see the nervous laughs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...=entertainment

Oyibopeppeh Jan 16th 2012 3:13 am

Re: Golden Globes 2012 - Ricky G

Seems like Madge gave as good as she got!

The Dean Jan 16th 2012 8:40 am

I'm a massive RG fan, but 'Life's Too Short' needs all the publicity it can get....... still, it's true: Johnny Depp is in it.

Blue Cat Jan 16th 2012 8:44 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9844811)
I'm a massive RG fan, but 'Life's Too Short' needs all the publicity it can get....... still, it's true: Johnny Depp is in it.

I have to agree Life's too short was a pile of shite :)

co durham boy Jan 17th 2012 9:46 am

An Idiot Abroad is very very funny and The Office was classic timeless comedy.

I quite admire how he's made the step up as well , you have to applaud the guy plus he's funny .

Spugsy Jan 17th 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9847512)
An Idiot Abroad is very very funny and The Office was classic timeless comedy.

I quite admire how he's made the step up as well , you have to applaud the guy plus he's funny .

I think he's an utter wanker. Proper, smarmy twat who once was incredibly funny and now just thinks he's the funniest, most intelligent man on the planet.

Also the golden globes thing, I just think he's being incredibly rude and I just don't find it funny one bit to be honest.

Dark Horse Jan 17th 2012 11:11 am

I didn't know who you were talking about until I googled the name. I can't stand that guy either. I saw a movie he was in about liars or lying? It was on a plane so I had to watch it. There's no way I would have made it through the entire movie if I were home or at the theater. It's hard to walk out on a movie when your 40,000 feet above the Pacific Ocean.

Blue Cat Jan 17th 2012 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9847518)
I think he's an utter wanker. Proper, smarmy twat who once was incredibly funny and now just thinks he's the funniest, most intelligent man on the planet.

Also the golden globes thing, I just think he's being incredibly rude and I just don't find it funny one bit to be honest.

so do I :thumbdown:

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 17th 2012 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dark Horse (Post 9847656)
I didn't know who you were talking about until I googled the name. I can't stand that guy either. I saw a movie he was in about liars or lying? It was on a plane so I had to watch it. There's no way I would have made it through the entire movie if I were home or at the theater. It's hard to walk out on a movie when your 40,000 feet above the Pacific Ocean.

Rather sadly, I agree with you.

It wasn't about inventing lying it was a film where people just said things that they were thinking that wouldn't normally be said. Nor would the opposite ever actually be said.

It was toss.

I thought Idiot Abroad was absolutely hilarious but not for Gervais, for Merchant and Pilkington. Gervais was just annoying.

He can be funny but he is a helmet.

Millhouse Jan 17th 2012 12:38 pm

I like RG - but it was funny the first time when we was actually controversial. When you are called back, paid a bit more and told to be controversial... well, it's sort of out of date then.

I'd rather see Lee Evens present it. A deeply unfunny man, but at least he would be different.

Bahtatboy Jan 17th 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9847799)
I'd rather see Lee Evens present it. A deeply unfunny man, but at least he would be different.

I like Lee Evans, he makes me laugh. But man, does he sweat a lot.

Boomhauer Jan 17th 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9847518)

:nod:

Bahtatboy Jan 17th 2012 1:23 pm

I never found RG funny.

Millhouse Jan 17th 2012 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9847844)
I like Lee Evans, he makes me laugh. But man, does he sweat a lot.

Reminds me of a tutor I had at university. We used to time him from when he started the lecture to when sweat was observed THRU his cream suit. It usually took around 30mins.

Boomhauer Jan 17th 2012 6:01 pm

Painfull to watch his Golden Globes opening monologue. Also if you have to crudely put down Kim K to appear funny, then you really aren't good at being a comedian at such an event.