Going on holiday

Old Jun 11th 2020, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going on holiday

So if and when it becomes possible again to leave the country (and go on holiday) who amongst you will take up that opportunity, and when? What about vacations within the UAE itself? Are you comfortable taking a 1 week break at a beach hotel somewhere, in lieu of going abroad?
Old Jun 11th 2020, 8:20 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going on holiday

We’re no longer in the ME but, if we were, we would not be thinking of leaving the UAE - or Oman, our most recent home - until some time next year at the earliest. We would be having staycations whether in the UAE or Oman, and that is exactly what we will be doing here in Malaysia. There’s just no knowing when or if they may ban non-nationals from returning from outside the country if the authorities decide a further lockdown is needed and we simply aren’t willing to take the risk of being shut out should we decide to travel further afield.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Many expats working in the region dislike their host countries so much that they will leave at every possible opportunity !
Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

MM2 is 6 months pregnant. We’re staying all summer... just like we did last year with a 3 month old.

Can’t say I’m looking forward to it. I do hope to escape to the U.K. for a weekend but only if return travel is possible and quarantine isn’t really really on the cards.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Two kids under two? Good luck.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf

Now you understand why I'm so keen to go back to the office soon and move on from C19.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 1:38 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

My kids are 55 weeks apart. The first was learning to walk just as the 2nd was born. Absolute nightmare. Didn't go out for 4 years.
Old Jun 11th 2020, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
My kids are 55 weeks apart. The first was learning to walk just as the 2nd was born. Absolute nightmare. Didn't go out for 4 years.
that’s awesome. Like twins but actually worse.

Ours will be 18 months apart. One reason I can’t leave this place - I’m not getting involved with that shit and we can’t really have a maid in Europe.

Old Jun 12th 2020, 7:34 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
that’s awesome. Like twins but actually worse.

Ours will be 18 months apart. One reason I can’t leave this place - I’m not getting involved with that shit and we can’t really have a maid in Europe.
I wouldn't say it was awesome, but we did it. They're now in their teenage years. Definitely wouldn't want to go back there again. Days out in Bangkok with 2 young kids, what could be more fun?! Sweating buckets, crappy pavements, and at that time a lack of escalators. Had a permanently dead right arm from carrying. On the plus side , got a lot of female interest from a couple of very white minimes.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 8:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

So if and when it becomes possible again to leave the country (and go on holiday) who amongst you will take up that opportunity, and when? What about vacations within the UAE itself? Are you comfortable taking a 1 week break at a beach hotel somewhere, in lieu of going abroad?
We've earmarked an Xmas trip to Blighty.

Decided to stay for summer, she'll be bored (as she's a teacher) but we're going to try and get a few mini-breaks in I think.

Only spanner in the works is consultations start this Thursday for 'right sizing' the team I'm in. I thought I'd survived but it appears to be back to April and anxiety levels are rising.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
We've earmarked an Xmas trip to Blighty..
Going to surf that second wave eh?
Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A second wave of something that have come to be nothing.

Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Not a lot of choice if we want to get married in April, in the UK.

By the time a second wave comes, nobody will give a ****. People my age will be more likely to die from a furious wank than corona and the world will have decided that as fun as lockdown has been, it's too detrimental to stay.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

My point was less about getting infected, more about the higher chances of another lockdown (in the UK or in the UAE) if there is a second wave, and therefore getting stuck somewhere you don't want to be stuck.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 6:18 am
Account Closed

My point was less about getting infected, more about the higher chances of another lockdown (in the UK or in the UAE) if there is a second wave, and therefore getting stuck somewhere you don't want to be stuck.
True. There will be some thought beforehand and some genuine care before just travelling willy-nilly.

I just think by then, the world won't give a monkeys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.