Going to Hatta

Old May 19th 2011, 5:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going to Hatta

So got my passport back but not my overstay sorted yet, long story and I won't bore you with it.

But if I go to Hatta and go through the police stops and they check my passport, do they check your stamp or just as ID of who you are?

Cheers...
Old May 19th 2011, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of
Default Re: Going to Hatta

Originally Posted by Spugsy
So got my passport back but not my overstay sorted yet, long story and I won't bore you with it.

But if I go to Hatta and go through the police stops and they check my passport, do they check your stamp or just as ID of who you are?

Cheers...
Hatta!! Thought you’ve had man flu

Sorry, don’t know a true answer to your question but I imagine the purpose would be to confirm who you are and not whether you should be where you are. Suggest, delaying any exotic trips until everything is sorted just to avoid any ‘surprises’
Old May 19th 2011, 6:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers...
there is a new check point on the way to Hatta now as well, I honestly have no idea what they check, I did think it would be for a valid visa? have you got letter from Police about why it hasn't been renewed?
Old May 19th 2011, 6:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
there is a new check point on the way to Hatta now as well, I honestly have no idea what they check, I did think it would be for a valid visa? have you got letter from Police about why it hasn't been renewed?
Went to immigration, all fine, then the letter from teh courts say they had my passport for so long, but the police didn't put my case through for 3 months so I have 3 months overstay, thats AED 10k.

But if I can get a letter from jebel ali police saying they had it I get off free.

I should have a receipt from when I gave it in so need to find that at home tonight.

Nothing's ever easy.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by sherri
Hatta!! Thought you’ve had man flu

Sorry, don’t know a true answer to your question but I imagine the purpose would be to confirm who you are and not whether you should be where you are. Suggest, delaying any exotic trips until everything is sorted just to avoid any ‘surprises’
Yeah have postponed it until next week. And almost over man flu but a night's drinking would probably kill me, my kidneys are really killing me from lack of fluids and 8 paracetamol a day.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah have postponed it until next week. And almost over man flu but a night's drinking would probably kill me, my kidneys are really killing me from lack of fluids and 8 paracetamol a day.
get some hydration drinks into you!!
Old May 19th 2011, 7:48 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Went to immigration, all fine, then the letter from teh courts say they had my passport for so long, but the police didn't put my case through for 3 months so I have 3 months overstay, thats AED 10k. But if I can get a letter from jebel ali police saying they had it I get off free. I should have a receipt from when I gave it in so need to find that at home tonight. Nothing's ever easy.
My advice would be to make sure you get anything from Jebel Ali Police translated into English first, so you you can check what it really says before handing it over to Immigration.
Old May 19th 2011, 8:53 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

You absolute tart !!!!
Old May 19th 2011, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

10k for 3months is that confirmed or rumour. 2weeks ago i was 8days over at airport and they charged me 25dirhams a day. I also expected it to be 100 per day but i have the receipt and it says 25dibs per day.

Hope this helps!!
Old May 19th 2011, 8:26 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Been through this new check point at Al Rhowda (several different spellings available) on many occasions and have only had to produce our UK passport on each occasion. Passport/photo page was looked at once (back in February) when sentry guard looked at Mrs H passport photo and then looked at me and asked when I decided to shave my fair hair!

They've never, as far as I know, looked at the visa page in either of our passports.
Old May 21st 2011, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

don't show the passport at the checkpoints, just say your going to Hatta Fort hotel. I went last month and never thought to take my passport, let me through no bother

What they don't know can't hurt them
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:50 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
don't show the passport at the checkpoints, just say your going to Hatta Fort hotel. I went last month and never thought to take my passport, let me through no bother

What they don't know can't hurt them
But I know of somebody who was taking visitors for lunch at Hatta and they weren't let through the checkpoint because they didn't have passports with them.
Old May 22nd 2011, 8:54 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by hnd
But I know of somebody who was taking visitors for lunch at Hatta and they weren't let through the checkpoint because they didn't have passports with them.
this happened to my parents last week, they were heading to the pools and got turned back
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnd

fair enough, but if I was in Spugsy's shoes I wouldn't volunteer unless asked - he has to take it with him regardless
Old May 22nd 2011, 12:05 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sandboy
fair enough, but if I was in Spugsy's shoes I wouldn't volunteer unless asked - he has to take it with him regardless
Aye spent another hour at my favourite place in the world, Jebel Ali Police Station. Got my letter so immigration for the third time tomorrow and hopefully get pass to get up to do a visa run this weekend, booked into Hatta Fort so if it all works out I can get some sun, beers and breathe the *****ing biggest sigh of relief you've EVER heard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.