Gluten free in Dubai

Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Gluten free in Dubai

It's been a couple of years since I lived in Dubai and I wondered where (if anywhere) did Gluten free products Does Organics do them? Specifically looking for pasta, bread, cereal and mufin mixes. Ice cream would be good too but I know how it is

Any advice? Going to Dubai from Uk en route to Sydney so can bring some stock with me for the DUbai leg of the trip.

Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gluten free in Dubai

carluccio's have a special coeliac's menu, so may sell the dried pasta/sauces in the deli, not too sure...you could always get a takeaway if not...there are restaurants in dubai marina mall, dubai mall and mirdif city centre...

MM, xx
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:30 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by plantpot
It's been a couple of years since I lived in Dubai and I wondered where (if anywhere) did Gluten free products Does Organics do them? Specifically looking for pasta, bread, cereal and mufin mixes. Ice cream would be good too but I know how it is

Any advice? Going to Dubai from Uk en route to Sydney so can bring some stock with me for the DUbai leg of the trip.

Thanks
Try Park&Shop in Safa - they have a good range of breads, while Spinneys and the Organics place carry gluten free pasta, cereals - ice cream I couldn't tell you, but the big Organics shop at Dubai Mall has a wide range, so you might be lucky
Old Sep 25th 2010, 8:32 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K8-notlate
Try Park&Shop in Safa - they have a good range of breads, while Spinneys and the Organics place carry gluten free pasta, cereals - ice cream I couldn't tell you, but the big Organics shop at Dubai Mall has a wide range, so you might be lucky
I think Lulus have a halfway decent range too... which surprised me at the time.

AlMaya also have a small range of gluten free/ low carb/ diabetic foods.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks everyone, thats great news. Perhaps they had it all before but I didnt need to know about gf then!

I will be spoiled for choice!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:45 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Spinneys definitely carry GF and also wheat free stuff - pasta, bread flour mix, rice flour, cakes (although I have noticed that the Mrs Crimbles range is mainly GF but not always WF).

Lulu's have a limited range, but you can find the oddest of things in there and Jones the Grocers have lots of nice bits including gorgeous GF/WF cupcakes!

The range is limited but it is getting better thank goodness. Also the labelling is not that great here so I have to be extra careful. I was very pleasantly surprised recently when I went to The Rib Room in Emirates Towers and they had a GF/WF menu and offered special bread to me. Very nice.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tillybean
Spinneys definitely carry GF and also wheat free stuff - pasta, bread flour mix, rice flour, cakes (although I have noticed that the Mrs Crimbles range is mainly GF but not always WF). .
This bit confused me, do you mean wheat free but not gluten free? I noticed they do wheat free stuff but they still contain gluten as made with alternatives to wheat which I can't eat anyway..

It looks a nice range, don't get that in Aus so look forward to sampling it all!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:16 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by plantpot
This bit confused me, do you mean wheat free but not gluten free? I noticed they do wheat free stuff but they still contain gluten as made with alternatives to wheat which I can't eat anyway..

It looks a nice range, don't get that in Aus so look forward to sampling it all!
Some of the Mrs Crimbles range states that its both wheat and gluten free, some that its just wheat free and some that its just gluten free. I cant eat either so am always careful.