Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Global Corona Death predictions

View Poll Results: Total Corona deaths we report before we give up reporting?
<50,000
0%
50,000- 100,000
6.25%
100,000 – 250,000
15.63%
250,000 – 500,000
12.50%
500,000 – 1m
21.88%
1m +
43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Global Corona Death predictions

Old Oct 6th 2020, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Corona Death predictions

Originally Posted by Scamp
One would hope the caregivers or healthcare workers would treat their roles with the level of care commensurate with the situation.

I feel there's a sensible middle ground that reduces unnecessary deaths but doesn't continue to send the global economy into the oblivion.

I mean, the UK 14 day quarantine on arrival and changing by the day is just mental.
When visiting the UK you fill out a form online and the algorithm tells you what to do in regard to quarantine. As it turns out I was a key worker confirmed negative thus exempt. Obviously the computer was programmed by civil servant (someone with no appreciation of the real world)
Old Oct 6th 2020, 5:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
..... responsibility ......
In the "me" world of the 21st century, there's the flaw in everything you said.
Old Oct 7th 2020, 6:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by HiHo
When visiting the UK you fill out a form online and the algorithm tells you what to do in regard to quarantine. As it turns out I was a key worker confirmed negative thus exempt. Obviously the computer was programmed by civil servant (someone with no appreciation of the real world)
Key worker? Surely you need to be based in the UK to be a key worker?

I'm desperate to get back to Blighty but 14 days locked up before I can do anything is just utterly mental.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In the "me" world of the 21st century, there's the flaw in everything you said.
Yeah, very true Sir.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 8:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

We're on a precipice aren't we.

The UK government seem to just be banking on a vaccine coming soon. Talk of 6 months of lockdowns in parts is just mental. There'll be nothing left to lockdown, the town centres will be boarded up and shut.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I think we (meaning the UK) fell off the precipice a few weeks ago. It's too late now.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 1:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by csdf
I think we (meaning the UK) fell off the precipice a few weeks ago. It's too late now.
Well, the North did.

There's still hope for the South.
Old Oct 12th 2020, 1:49 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 14th 2020, 9:23 am
Account Closed

We've got a few people coming back from KSA who were stuck or on business visas.

So far, they've all turned up here with negative tests, gone on the lash (don't blame them) and subsequently tested positive.
The rumours fly around that he's got it, she's got it, who was close, were you in on Monday, did you lick their hands?
Work keep it private so the office is a ghost town this week but numbers of cases are increasing in our business from barely any to at least a couple a week confirmed in each division.

Guess we're just edging towards everyone having it and hoping for the best.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see any other outcome: with no testing arrivals at DXB, no quarantines, limited contact tracing and no new lockdown, the only way is up.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 11:25 am
Account Closed

I can't see any other outcome: with no testing arrivals at DXB, no quarantines, limited contact tracing and no new lockdown, the only way is up.
You're another who's saying there's no testing on arrival. Is this really the case? Is it only Emirates arrivals or ANY arrivals?
This changes whether Mother will come and see me.

Given the airport and the airline and the government are one and the same, this must be a conscious decision?
Old Oct 14th 2020, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

No testing on arrival from countries with reliable testing centers, no?

Old Oct 14th 2020, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

My bad, had a look and as of 3rd October, they issued a list of 54 countries (including US), arrivals from which require testing on arrival at DXB with mandated self-isolation until you get a result. I imagine the mandated self-isolation is as well enforced as it was in the UK.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

My bad, had a look and as of 3rd October, they issued a list of 54 countries (including US), arrivals from which require testing on arrival at DXB with mandated self-isolation until you get a result. I imagine the mandated self-isolation is as well enforced as it was in the UK.
Bugger, you got me excited!
Is what it is, testing on arrival and a little isolation is far more tolerable than 14 days in a hotel room or 14 days self-isolating.
Old Oct 14th 2020, 4:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to now be reporting number patterns lock-step with most of Western Europe, and are well into the second wave of infections.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You seem to now be reporting number patterns lock-step with most of Western Europe, and are well into the second wave of infections.
Aye, but with no sign of any return to restrictions, unlike the whole of Europe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.