Reload this Page >

Giving birth in Dubai (from UK)

Giving birth in Dubai (from UK)

Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Ronni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Giving birth in Dubai (from UK)

Hi,

I will be relocating to Dubai in a few days with my husband and I'm 29 weeks pregnant and plan to have the baby in Dubai.

Just wondered if anyone can advise me on which hospital to register with. I've looked at both the Al Wasl and the American hospital. Any advice much appreciated......

Last edited by Ronni; Sep 14th 2007 at 4:50 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving birth in Dubai (from UK)

sorry i can't help...but welcome to the board anyway...

MM, xx
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ronni
Hi,

I will be relocating to Dubai in a few days with my husband and I'm 29 weeks pregnant and plan to have the baby in Dubai.

Just wondered if anyone can advise me on which hospital to register with. I've looked at both the Al Wasl and the American hospital. Any advice much appreciated......
Wasl Hospital is less expensive than American. Make sure your hubbies Medical Insurance covers known conditions, i.e. you're 29 weeks. As some Insurers will not cover the cost.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:16 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume that you are both UK passport holders. I say this because I am, but my wife is Kenyan. Our baby was born in Saudi Arabia and was given a UK passport...maybe a Muslim thing. Otherwise, you should have no trouble. Al Wasl is much less expensive than the other. We have encountered very few problems since we have been here but you will need to get a Medical Card once your residency is sorted. Expect it to take some time, but the hospital won't turn you away without one..
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I delivered in the Al Wasl, well had a C section. No problems with the C section but the aftercare is a bit dodgy. They do know what they are doing though and I can recommend them, especially if you don't have insurance. The American Hospital is more of a Hotel in my opinion - though the staff are excellent it is very pricey

Congratulations and good luck
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:54 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

anyone wishing to learn first hand on this subject, i will be out soon and willing to do the first part
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

"Giving birth in Dubai (from UK)"

that is going to be one hell of a push to do that
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:59 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
"Giving birth in Dubai (from UK)"

that is going to be one hell of a push to do that
all that grunting and groaning eh ins, lets hire ourselves out and take the strain
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mythic
all that grunting and groaning eh ins, lets hire ourselves out and take the strain
I like to think of myself as an old fashioned gent!
so if I ever get in that situation I expect to be told the good news by phone whilst sipping a Gin and Tonic and preparing a nice big fat cigar to smoke!!

dont want to see the gory details!!