British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Getting stuff printed off (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/getting-stuff-printed-off-661692/)

Spugsy Mar 29th 2010 11:11 am

Getting stuff printed off

Bit of a shit question but.....I am doing some design work and need it printed off, I've been using Spectrum at DIFC but they do charge a bloody fortune, I have 2 180 page reports and its going to cost me about AED 1k to get the things printed.

Does anyone know anywhere else decent that does colour prints? A4 and A3?

Ta.

Roadking Mar 29th 2010 11:24 am

Re: Getting stuff printed off

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8456853)
Bit of a shit question but.....I am doing some design work and need it printed off, I've been using Spectrum at DIFC but they do charge a bloody fortune, I have 2 180 page reports and its going to cost me about AED 1k to get the things printed.

Ta.

I've used Flying Colours at Crowne Plaza for a couple of years. Always done what I need but general printing rather than hi-res stuff.

No idea if they can help but might be worth a try; 04 3903065

Blue Cat Mar 29th 2010 12:48 pm

what sort of quality? just an ordinary printer type? cos there is a shop in Jumeirah Plaza that does that sort of stuff. If it was more professional then try Pro Lab:)

Meow Mar 29th 2010 12:53 pm

Pro Lab is very good, but pricey. Pricer than Spectrum.

There is a place that does printing in Knowledge Village, but I can't remember the name.

-

rowell Mar 29th 2010 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8456853)

Ta.

DESCO I think they are at Internet City

Spugsy Mar 29th 2010 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8456882)
I've used Flying Colours at Crowne Plaza for a couple of years. Always done what I need but general printing rather than hi-res stuff.

No idea if they can help but might be worth a try; 04 3903065

aye they're about the same price, so much more pricey than back home. Gah.

NorthernLad Mar 30th 2010 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8457721)

Sir Speedy in Knowledge Village?

Roadking Mar 30th 2010 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8457721)

What about buying an A3 colour printer. I have an HP that does most of the work I need, not commercial quality but photo quality up to A3. Might save you money depending on the quality you need.

Spugsy Mar 30th 2010 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8459230)
What about buying an A3 colour printer. I have an HP that does most of the work I need, not commercial quality but photo quality up to A3. Might save you money depending on the quality you need.

yeah long term I will do that for sure, it's costing me a fortune getting a cab to DIFC from disco gardens, then printing stuff off, then cab to clients etc etc

NorthernLad Mar 30th 2010 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8459346)
yeah long term I will do that for sure, it's costing me a fortune getting a cab to DIFC from disco gardens, then printing stuff off, then cab to clients etc etc

My missus company and the company I work for use Sir Speedy in Knowledge village, give them a call as not far from you.