Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Getting a personal loan with HSBC

Getting a personal loan with HSBC

Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:05 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting a personal loan with HSBC

(or 'the further adventures of Spugsy in Arabia')

Ok so when I left the last place I owed them AED 40k from my housing allowance they had given me, ring up HSBC and they say 'no problem! Come along with your passport and as you're a customer already you can have the loan in 2 days',

Ok all sounds good so off I trot to the bank with my salary transfer letter, passport in hand and smile on my face, girl tells me that my salary transfer letter needs a new paragraph so they can't process it, so I fill in form anyway, go back to work, get new letter and next day go back to them,

ok letter is now fine, copies of visa and passport fine but where is my payslip? What?

So I explain I need the money to pay off old company and am only one week into new job, 'oh no, we need a payslip', when you get it email it to us and 2 days later you'll have the cash',

10 days ago I emailed my payslip, got an email 3 days later saying the girl who is processing me is off on leave soon so she's passed it on to her colleague,

So rang up today on the number she gave me, the number doesn't exist anymore, can't get through to the 800 number,

so what now?? Do I really have to ****ing go back to Baniya Square and sit and wait and see someone? or will it go through?

Jesus.....ideas people?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:21 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a personal loan with HSBC

Mr Kitty's with HSBC... the woman won't get back to him at all, never answers her mobile... he had to do all the legwork himself, sooo...

... I wouldn't wait for anyone to actually do the job they're paid to do. Sit on their necks!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:35 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
(or 'the further adventures of Spugsy in Arabia')

Ok so when I left the last place I owed them AED 40k from my housing allowance they had given me, ring up HSBC and they say 'no problem! Come along with your passport and as you're a customer already you can have the loan in 2 days',

Ok all sounds good so off I trot to the bank with my salary transfer letter, passport in hand and smile on my face, girl tells me that my salary transfer letter needs a new paragraph so they can't process it, so I fill in form anyway, go back to work, get new letter and next day go back to them,

ok letter is now fine, copies of visa and passport fine but where is my payslip? What?

So I explain I need the money to pay off old company and am only one week into new job, 'oh no, we need a payslip', when you get it email it to us and 2 days later you'll have the cash',

10 days ago I emailed my payslip, got an email 3 days later saying the girl who is processing me is off on leave soon so she's passed it on to her colleague,

So rang up today on the number she gave me, the number doesn't exist anymore, can't get through to the 800 number,

so what now?? Do I really have to ****ing go back to Baniya Square and sit and wait and see someone? or will it go through?

Jesus.....ideas people?
maybe try reading their adverts first...

Attached Thumbnails Getting a personal loan with HSBC-hsbc.jpg  
Old Nov 11th 2008, 7:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

today they have announced that no loans will be given unless you earn 20k a month
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
today they have announced that no loans will be given unless you earn 20k a month
well thats fine, I do, it seems a bit harsh though eh?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 9:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

well thats fine, I do, it seems a bit harsh though eh?
it just means that all their lower income people who get loans for their rent are knackered doesn't it?
Old Nov 11th 2008, 3:19 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Time for a new bank account mate!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
it just means that all their lower income people who get loans for their rent are knackered doesn't it?
No...It means something else altogether...My take on the HSBC situation is that yesterday I saw a full page advert in Gulf News for HSBC where they are paying a bit over 5% interest p.a. for 3 months fixed deposit...
Coupled with this completely restrictive condition of AED20K for a personal loan it surely means one thing; they're running out of money soon...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:00 am
why ayeeeee man!

ok so.....

Spoke to HSBC on the phone and they said they didn;'t have my salary transfer letter, which they have, also I asked where my new pin number is as I upgraded to a status account, woman says 'oh its in the branch at deira',

So off I go in a cab to deira, get to Banyas Square and guess what? they've MOVED, so cabs are hard to get so got one eventually, to the back of deira, eventually get in and its rammed, loads of doorbell BING BONG! noises everytime someone is free, speka to someone who gets me the person I am dealing with, she has no desk so everytime I ask her something she goes away, leaves me and then comes back and tells me, very annoying indeed and frankly ridiculous,

So turns out that I've been denied the loan as I have only been at my company for one month, WHICH THEY KNEW FROM THE START, so I start getting pissed off, she al;so tells me they don't have my pin number, then tells me she'll make a special request for the loan, I tell her not to bother and can I have my doucments back so I can apply elsewhere, she tells me they are 'still being processed' so she doesn;t have them,

jesus, so I need this loan to pay back my housing loan fromt he last company that I left A MONTH AGO and until they get it they won't release my last 2 weeks salary and holiday pay, which is over AED 15,000, so I can't get my hands on that, and even when I pay them back it'll take weeks to get it ANYWAY,

AAARRRGHGHHHH!

Oh aye, and ay Banyas Square some bloke asked me if I needed a cab, I NEVER used private/dodgy ones but I thought ok, so I told him where and he said 'fifty dirhams sir', needless to say I went crackers, asked him if he thought I was stupid and basically gave him a real mouthful, if the CID had been around again I would have been in bother, he was off like a shot,

tell you what, seriously, this place is starting to make me aggressive, and thats not good.....

Old Nov 13th 2008, 10:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a nice relaxing massage, Spugsy, to calm you down. I heard on the radio this week that some London Boroughs are now employing masseuses to give foot massages to rowdy school kids as it apparently helps their anger management therapy.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
You need a nice relaxing massage, Spugsy, to calm you down. I heard on the radio this week that some London Boroughs are now employing masseuses to give foot massages to rowdy school kids as it apparently helps their anger management therapy.
well it is thursday, so either a massage....or 8 pints of stella at the rubbish mexican place across the road.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:30 am
Account Closed

well it is thursday, so either a massage....or 8 pints of stella at the rubbish mexican place across the road.
What Mexican place is that then?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

What Mexican place is that then?
at the dubai marine resort, £5 a pint for stella and crap mexican food.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:42 am
Account Closed

at the dubai marine resort, £5 a pint for stella and crap mexican food.
My preferred tipple is AED22 for a cold pint of Guinness at Dubliners, Le Meridien...its Happy Hour before 8pm I believe. Have you noticed that this has gone slightly off topic. As for your last pm enquiry, put your hands on theirs and see what happens...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 12:28 pm
why ayeeeee man!

My preferred tipple is AED22 for a cold pint of Guinness at Dubliners, Le Meridien...its Happy Hour before 8pm I believe. Have you noticed that this has gone slightly off topic. As for your last pm enquiry, put your hands on theirs and see what happens...
Guinness sounds canny, not sure about your other bit mind.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.