Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Getting a mortgage here, for a house back home

Getting a mortgage here, for a house back home

Old Oct 12th 2008, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a mortgage here, for a house back home

Originally Posted by Eva
I know it won't affect you so much MM but those lending are really tightening up. LTV - 90% last week, today, 75% seems the norm.
yeah, we're sorted, thankfully...now we just need to make sure we can rent the bloody thing out...

MM, xx
Old Oct 12th 2008, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, we're sorted, thankfully...now we just need to make sure we can rent the bloody thing out...

MM, xx
You've bought a place in the UK?? You mean recently???

You're either out of your minds or you've got bigger balls than the rest of the population................

I could have pointed you in a good direction - friends of ours in leafy Sussex were selling their place a year and a bit ago. They offered it at 875,000 ONO....... no takers of course......... last week someone put in a bid of 690,000....... they are holding out for 725,000, but they've no chance of getting it.................

Good luck.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

we bought recently in the UK and got an overseas mortgage (from Singapore)
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I emailed yhou about a similar ideas a few months ago and you never responded!!

Anyways, I wanna do the same thing but will be buying in Gloucestershire, want to buy in Cheltenham but may be Gloucester.

Plua I already have my mum and her partner ready to take the house on and pay my mortgage for me

So any advice, I'm paying some credit cards off and am looking at next year sometime.

Bison

You emailed me?? How?

Best to send me a PM and ask for my work email for stuf like this.

-
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:49 am
Just Joined

JonOg is an unknown quantity at this point

Meow,

long time reader 1st time poster.

I was wondering if you can help me with some info regarding buying back in the UK. I entered a Contract to buy off plan just before i decided to move out here and the last i heard the building was for completion in January so i'm trying to get information on what the requirements are for the mortgage etc. now so that i can get the finances sorted out.

I understand i have to post twice to activate my PM so once that is up and running would you mind if i contacted you directly?

Thanks
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:48 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonOg
Meow,

long time reader 1st time poster.

I was wondering if you can help me with some info regarding buying back in the UK. I entered a Contract to buy off plan just before i decided to move out here and the last i heard the building was for completion in January so i'm trying to get information on what the requirements are for the mortgage etc. now so that i can get the finances sorted out.

I understand i have to post twice to activate my PM so once that is up and running would you mind if i contacted you directly?

Thanks
I have sent you a PM with my work email address.

-
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Meow,

Thanks very much.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

looks like i need a 3rd post to activate the PM.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:30 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Spugsy - why haven't you emailed me about this?

-
Are you in the business of lending money or arraning it. I don't fancy a Russian mafia cat on my back.

I'm looking to buy a couple of properties over the next 12 months, but not only in the UK. Can you help?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:31 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Roadking
Are you in the business of lending money or arraning it. I don't fancy a Russian mafia cat on my back.

I'm looking to buy a couple of properties over the next 12 months, but not only in the UK. Can you help?
Hi Roadkill

I may be able to help in arranging. And I am not Russian. Nyet!

-
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
We have recently found getting our house in the UK rented a serious problem. Thankfully it is now rented but it took the best part of 3 months to find a tenant as it seems the market has been flooded with properties to rent so tenants can really pick and choose and haggle for a better price (we had to lower ours, twice!). Hope you don't have the same problem, cause it's a pain in the a*se!!