British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Getting gold things made (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/getting-gold-things-made-770999/)

kittycat1 Sep 9th 2012 7:49 pm

Re: Getting gold things made

bob your thinking lovebeads hun!

commander Sep 10th 2012 2:20 am

Cara's is the only place I would use. We bought our wedding bands there. Also I bought my mrs engagement ring and another ring from there. Anytime I'm passing, I pop in and they will polish my ring for free..fnar. Seriously, the give me a tin of coke while I wait and 15mins later...job done.

On our wedding day, they let my wife borrow over £10K's worth of diamond jewellery. No signing for anything, nothing. 'Yea, just return it before next weekend'..

That kind of service is the reason we go back and we tell our family and visiting friends to go there.

Kiran can't write? Strange, he wrote a draft contract in front of my wife when they wanted her to come and work in cara's...(It was an ongoing joke between them that they would like a scottish girl to work in the shop as half the customers seem to be Scottish)...unless that wasn't him of course. Maybe a writing body double

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 10th 2012 4:05 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10272478)

Kiran can't write? Strange, he wrote a draft contract in front of my wife when they wanted her to come and work in cara's...(It was an ongoing joke between them that they would like a scottish girl to work in the shop as half the customers seem to be Scottish)...unless that wasn't him of course. Maybe a writing body double

It's because you're all tight and won't go to a full price shop.

:rofl:

UKCityGent Sep 10th 2012 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10272595)
It's because you're all tight and won't go to a full price shop.

:rofl:

I only know of 2 (Marina Mall or down south at Al Kout Mall - the one with the noisy water fountains and the mall is of a souk style)

Meow Sep 10th 2012 7:22 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10272478)
Cara's is the only place I would use. We bought our wedding bands there. Also I bought my mrs engagement ring and another ring from there. Anytime I'm passing, I pop in and they will polish my ring for free..fnar. Seriously, the give me a tin of coke while I wait and 15mins later...job done.

On our wedding day, they let my wife borrow over £10K's worth of diamond jewellery. No signing for anything, nothing. 'Yea, just return it before next weekend'..

That kind of service is the reason we go back and we tell our family and visiting friends to go there.

The after service is superb. There are many reasons why it's always the busiest shop in there.

flares Sep 10th 2012 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10271590)
does he? he also owns the Lovelinks Shop

I got my nads plated there in 2008. The shine is wearing off now and there's a younger lad at work with brighter ones. Pfft

bananantoast Sep 10th 2012 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 10272846)
I got my nads plated there in 2008. The shine is wearing off now and there's a younger lad at work with brighter ones. Pfft

Haven't a clue what all that means! :confused: