Getting divorced

Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting divorced

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm just not giving tons of cash to some local who will take my eyes out, I've dealt with them over here - one quoted us AED 30k.
Vampires who don't actually do any work. There is an arbitration stage you have to attend and all agreements are typed up and attested there. Then you go to the judge and he confirms and signs it in front of you.

To get divorced here you literally only need an educated Arabic speaker who understands court procedure and what papers are required. My local hire wasn't even there on the day I did mine - only some underling who showed me which room to go to. Avoid local divorce at all costs if you can - simply on the principle of giving money to a Brit who might actually do some work over someone here who will do nothing.

N.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Vampires who don't actually do any work. There is an arbitration stage you have to attend and all agreements are typed up and attested there. Then you go to the judge and he confirms and signs it in front of you.

To get divorced here you literally only need an educated Arabic speaker who understands court procedure and what papers are required. My local hire wasn't even there on the day I did mine - only some underling who showed me which room to go to. Avoid local divorce at all costs if you can - simply on the principle of giving money to a Brit who might actually do some work over someone here who will do nothing.

N.
Yep I'm with you all the way there.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Sorry to hear this matey. So so glad to hear it's all amicable. All the very best to the both of you. I'm off FB now so still want to get a beer at some point
Aye that would be good mate. Am doing this circuit factory challenge thing right now, clean food, no boozing, trainign 4 times a week as since we split I've drank and ate like a madman and put 3kgs on and am now up to a hefty 111kgs, which is ridiculous....but once I'm sorted that would be good.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 4:52 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I did mine here and it cost about the same. The Lawyers were useless and didn't even seem to know what paperwork was needed.

I believe the UK route might be cheaper but longer. If you're not in a rush and it's no-contest that might be the best way.

Sorry to hear the news. It's tough even when it's amicable.

N.
Yup it has to be done, but I can't help getting upset over all the amazing things we have done over the last 10 years. I'm sure we'll be good friends for a very long time but it's pretty sad.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 10:26 am
why ayeeeee man!

Yup it has to be done, but I can't help getting upset over all the amazing things we have done over the last 10 years. I'm sure we'll be good friends for a very long time but it's pretty sad.
Well been emailing a company in the UK and they can do the lot for £200.

http://www.divorce-online.co.uk/prod...anaged-divorce

Seems cheap and easy, what do you reckon?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 10:34 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

JFDI!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 11:16 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a kit online for £35 and then paid the court fees, £300 ish I think and job done. Dead easy.

Edit, I never went to court at all think the ex may of done to petition the divorce. Our reason was I left her and the country.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 11:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that court fees are now over GBP 400. Neither of you needs to attend court.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 2:51 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what the situation is now, but back in the 1990's I did my own - cost about £60 at the time.

I got all of the forms from the Post Office I think, along with explanatory leaflets. Took about 3 months.

The easiest route is to state 'unreasonable behaviour' or 'irreconcilable differences' (not sure what it is called now). If you are both in amicable agreement that you want the divorce, plus what arrangements you will make regards your assets and income once divorced it is pretty straightforward.

You will have to cite examples of this in your application. I presume you don't have children as you don't mention them. This makes it easier too from an application point of view.

I would imagine you can do this online yourself these days, or print off, fill in and send back to UK.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
I'm not sure what the situation is now, but back in the 1990's I did my own - cost about £60 at the time.

I got all of the forms from the Post Office I think, along with explanatory leaflets. Took about 3 months.

The easiest route is to state 'unreasonable behaviour' or 'irreconcilable differences' (not sure what it is called now). If you are both in amicable agreement that you want the divorce, plus what arrangements you will make regards your assets and income once divorced it is pretty straightforward.

You will have to cite examples of this in your application. I presume you don't have children as you don't mention them. This makes it easier too from an application point of view.

I would imagine you can do this online yourself these days, or print off, fill in and send back to UK.
Aye that's it. She divorces me, we'll fill it all in together - she puts 4 or 5 things down as 'unreasonable behaviour', ie me getting pissed, smashing up a police van and going to prison should do it - then in 3 months it should be done and dusted. Everything done electronically and no court appearances.

To be honest, that's how it bloody should be if it ends like ours has, it's only documents and court at the end of the day, thousands of pounds indeed.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by mikewot
JFDI!
Buh?
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Buh?
only thing that makes sense to me is "Just Fucking Do It"
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:17 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
Spugs....I know right know your probably feeling like this is a colossal life failure, but it's not. It's just a monumental failure and the cause is never just a few unfortunate instances like trashing a police van or constant womanizing. Women will put up with a lot of things, believe me, I know, but some things are just not acceptable and one of them is boredom.

I've been married to a beautiful woman for 30+ years, and in that time I've seen numerous friends divorce and they all had one thing in common. They didn't take care of their wives, they didn't give them enough attention, they didn't take them out enough, they didn't stand up when their wives approached the table and they didn't open doors for her. They didn't listen when she talked and they didn't make her #1 on their speed dial.

A divorce is always the mans fault, always. If you meet 4 out of 5, or even 3 out of 5 of a womans basic needs, she won't want to ever leave you.

Next time do it right, and don't marry someone you don't adore
I know you are that stupid yank stalker prick but this post has given me a right good laugh.

Anyhow I am sure your banning is just around the corner.
Old Sep 6th 2013, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

My advice is solid..Whenever one of my friends started complaining about his wife stepping out or whatever I'd always say "stop!, it's your fault" and that would usually shut them right up. Women don't require very much and if a man can't invest the little time and energy it takes to keep them happy- then they don't deserve a wife.

Period, Paragraph!
I feel sick at the thought of agreeing with you. But I do.

Now I must shower
Old Sep 6th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

My advice is solid..Whenever one of my friends started complaining about his wife stepping out or whatever I'd always say "stop!, it's your fault" and that would usually shut them right up. Women don't require very much and if a man can't invest the little time and energy it takes to keep them happy- then they don't deserve a wife.
Period, Paragraph!
And who says that Spugsy's wife was "stepping out or whatever"? From my experience, it's usually the hubby who has been stepping out. No idea where you got your information from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.