Getting deposits back

Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting deposits back

Ok as I mentioned in another post we paid AED 5k deposit on our villa almost a year ago, now the Sheikh himself has apparently bought our villa, the real estate guy says he has no deposit to give back to us,

so I spoke to the woman who sorted it for us, a nice english woman, and she says I need to contact the old landlord as they've given the cash to him,

Now I'll call him later, but.....we gave the cash to her, she gave us a receipt with her name on her company receipt pad, surely she should be getting it back and giving it to us??
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:59 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting deposits back

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok as I mentioned in another post we paid AED 5k deposit on our villa almost a year ago, now the Sheikh himself has apparently bought our villa, the real estate guy says he has no deposit to give back to us,

so I spoke to the woman who sorted it for us, a nice english woman, and she says I need to contact the old landlord as they've given the cash to him,

Now I'll call him later, but.....we gave the cash to her, she gave us a receipt with her name on her company receipt pad, surely she should be getting it back and giving it to us??
she should sort this out surely. You have a reciept from her...

This is typical bullshit. You pay your effin deposit, why cant they just give it back to you.

reason 1004564564 why this place is such a mess..

oh and dont be fooled by the nice english lady, snakes with tits in that industry...
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

This is typical bullshit. You pay your effin deposit, why cant they just give it back to you.

oh and dont be fooled by the nice english lady, snakes with tits in that industry...
aye I bet, nah I'll be right on her to get it sorted, the receipt is from her company so she should pay it back, it's very simple.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not all of them, I have met a couple here who have been great
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:08 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

She received the cash, she gave you the receipt, she has to give you the money back.... simple, innit???
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
She received the cash, she gave you the receipt, she has to give you the money back.... simple, innit???
I would have thought so, just spoke to the old landlord, he's going to look into it and get back to me, we shall see, if not I'll just be onto her all the time.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 7:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought so, just spoke to the old landlord, he's going to look into it and get back to me, we shall see, if not I'll just be onto her all the time.
Tidy, is she????
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Im in abu dhabi. do you think I will have trouble getting my flat deposit back from the real estate agency who took it? I have receipt. 5000 dhs secuurity deposit.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:58 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Im in abu dhabi. do you think I will have trouble getting my flat deposit back from the real estate agency who took it? I have receipt. 5000 dhs secuurity deposit.
I had the same shit a little while ago.

I just mentioned to the agency that Im due to pop into RERA (Real Estate Regulatory Authority) for an interview and then going to the police to lodge a complaint for fraud and theft...would you like to see me before i lodge this with the police.........had my cash within 30 minutes......job done.

try it...........it's fun

Honestly.....when you tell the agency, ask them...."should i lodge the theft complaint with the police against you, the landlord or the sheikh" .............they will shit themselves.

A few people have tried this afterwards and all have got there cash back.

From what i have been told..if a complaint is lodged with RERA against and agent....they cannot trade as a business until its resolved.

Last edited by Jammy_Dodgers; Feb 9th 2009 at 4:00 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:15 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

And in a time when they don't have a lot of business to trade it, the chances they will pay up are even greater.

Go for it. Is there a RERA in AD thou?
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:24 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

And in a time when they don't have a lot of business to trade it, the chances they will pay up are even greater.

Go for it. Is there a RERA in AD thou?
Dunno, but when i met with the agent and explained to them that "i dont care who has my money, ill let CID sort it out...after all....it is theft...." things started moving VERY quickly