British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Getting away from the Muslim faith for once... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/getting-away-muslim-faith-once-598147/)

Inselaffen Mar 18th 2009 4:57 am

Re: Getting away from the Muslim faith for once...

Catholic priests would have a different opion on the use of condomns if they thought Altar boys had Aids/HIV!

Grace O Malley Mar 18th 2009 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7391780)
Catholic priests would have a different opion on the use of condomns if they thought Altar boys had Aids/HIV!

I'd say so!

commander Mar 18th 2009 11:29 am

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Blue Cat Mar 18th 2009 11:34 am

karma sent :)

Grace O Malley Mar 18th 2009 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7389849)
I was forced into Catholicism at an early age......I am now agnostic.
They don't half keep changing the goal posts that mob;

Fish on a Friday,Hat to chapel, only speak to the Don in Latin and risk hell fire and brimstone with a do not pass go ticket to the front row at the bonfire in Hades if you failed to appear on a Sunday.....so what now???

Eat what you like, wear what you like ,speak in any tongue you like(except forked).You can even choose the Saturday night option on Mass without being condemned to Hell(Clearly His Popliness hasn't factored in the number of Pop Idol fans among his sheep) to facilitiate a lie in on a Sunday morning(no shagging your partner though unless you wish to procreate)

Oh yeh and what about......don't prevent the further spread of fatal disease in Africa by providing condomes;do keep setting up Missionary outposts and taking a collection from the poorest people in the world.His Popliness would like another Botticelli or a few cwt of gold bars to gather dust in the Vatican........ update the Art collection while another Aids baby dies or another famine or flood *****s up another poverty stricken country of committed Catholics..............

Oh Eva, what load of tosh hey, I pulled away at 16, much to my ma and dad's horror, but they won on the christening of my lad, I had to give in and let them have their way, he has never stepped a foot inside a church, well except for a wedding or a funeral.

My brother although still goes to mass every Sunday, and fair play if thats his thing!

Oh its just utter bullshit that thankfully is dying out, In Eire anyway, the attendance at mass is now considerably low and people are doing their own thing and the parish priest is no longer feared as he was back in the day.

Lol Fish on Friday, I had that craic growing up. The worst for me was confession, what, telling all my secrets to a some random guy in a black dress. Oh and lent, no sweets for 6 weeks and then stuff yr face Easter Sunday....

Still each to their own

Spugsy Mar 18th 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7392872)
Oh Eva, what load of tosh hey, I pulled away at 16, much to my ma and dad's horror, but they won on the christening of my lad, I had to give in and let them have their way, he has never stepped a foot inside a church, well except for a wedding or a funeral.

My brother although still goes to mass every Sunday, and fair play if thats his thing!

Oh its just utter bullshit that thankfully is dying out, In Eire anyway, the attendance at mass is now considerably low and people are doing their own thing and the parish priest is no longer feared as he was back in the day.

Lol Fish on Friday, I had that craic growing up. The worst for me was confession, what, telling all my secrets to a some random guy in a black dress. Oh and lent, no sweets for 6 weeks and then stuff yr face Easter Sunday....

Still each to their own

hmmm, telling your secrets to some priest who never has sex, sounds dodgy to me...

Grace O Malley Mar 18th 2009 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7392968)
hmmm, telling your secrets to some priest who never has sex, sounds dodgy to me...

lol we used to really spin some for the ******* little pervs

Spugsy Mar 18th 2009 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7393108)
lol we used to really spin some for the ******* little pervs

heh heh, tell me more!

BangleMan Mar 18th 2009 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7393141)
heh heh, tell me more!

Cant imagine you as a former priest...

Charismatic Mar 18th 2009 12:37 pm

I was watching Bill Mahers Religulous and thought what the catholic priest was saying sounded like the advise not of a priest but of a human which I applaud.

These ***** in their ivory towers have no idea what life is like outside their little world and if they truely believed in the message they claimed to preached their message would be very different (not to mention the wouldn't be in ivory towers). Most priests I've met are far more reasonable and practical.

Spugsy Mar 18th 2009 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7393148)
Cant imagine you as a former priest...

Shut your cakehole my son.

BangleMan Mar 18th 2009 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7393175)
Shut your cakehole my son.

Spoken like a true man of the cloth..

Spugsy Mar 18th 2009 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7393192)
Spoken like a true man of the cloth..

I think I'm touching, be back soon....

commander Mar 18th 2009 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7393201)

your a priest?

BangleMan Mar 18th 2009 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7393201)

After being so full of it, for so long it will come as a relief to bash one out, Im sure !!!